• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

I wasn't even surprised by tonight's showing because I've seen too much bad play across the board the past year and a half against average to good/great teams. I see multiple offensive lineman getting beat one on one and often without anything spectacular being done to get by them. I see our defensive lineman seeming to give up too easily on some plays and linebackers/d-backs who consistently seem to mis-read gaps, overrun plays, and try to tackle with their shoulders only when they do get a chance to hit somebody. I didn't expect greatness yet with all those things, but I did expect a little more progress in all those areas by now. That is concerning. I am also surprised by the lack of offensive identity so far. I understand injuries and some lack of playmakers at certain positions, but I do not see any real rhyme or rhythm to the offense. The team also still seems to go into certain games expecting to lose and when they get down a little bit they do seem to put their focus away for the rest of the game. They almost look like they think that's fine as long as they come back ready to beat the next week's easier team. They need to stop doing that. It's a good thing there's a bye week. Time to figure out some answers regarding all these issues. I still trust Frost to get it headed the right direction so I am still pretty optimistic about the future of the program.

There losing to Youngstown State 14-3 in the third quarter. Put your wallet away. There are still 55 minutes to play in this game

Melting down early gets old
SDSU 38 YSU 28 at Youngstown

Gophers barely won against true freshman and 3rd string QB (SDSU).

Drag my wallet ;)

Last edited:
I think SF mentioned that Luke would be going in if needed. So I wouldn’t bet on the depth chart handed out.

Oh, good Lord . . . I give up.

You clearly have this figured out. Bunch has been the "ghost #3 QB" this whole time, but Frost put the #4 QB (who has been #3 on the depth chart all year to make him feel better) into the NW game on the drive where you needed to win the game and your starter went out because he doesn't know the playbook well enough to play.

Oh, good Lord . . . I give up.

You clearly have this figured out. Bunch has been the "ghost #3 QB" this whole time, but Frost put the #4 QB (who has been #3 on the depth chart all year to make him feel better) into the NW game on the drive where you needed to win the game and your starter went out because he doesn't know the playbook well enough to play.
If you know SF setting the depth chart in order to make players feel better. Good lord I’ll give up.

With their 2nd string QB and the other playmakers dinged or hurt?
Purdue did lose Sindelar and Moore early in the game. Not sure about the other games. I would still like to think we could be as competitive as Minnesota's other opponents even with some injuries.

Had an office party so not able to watch any part of the game. Are we really that bad as the score says? I hope turnovers etc were an issue.

Where are you going?
Jackie Evancho. She has this incredible voice. Not my typical type of show, but I'm glad I went as the young lady can flat out sing. She's only 19, she's very pretty, and she's talented. I also see that I missed absolutely nothing in the second half.... very Texasing sad, very Texased up.

I wonder if Moos could have got away with paying Frost quite a bit less than 5 million. It's not like Nebraska was in a bidding war with another team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back