• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

SO Frost put in Luke against NW with the game on the line because he didn't know th playbook?

SOunds ike the announcers either misunderstood or made some assumptions. All we've heard is that LM is #3, has tested very high on Mario's test, and has picked up the offense really fast. But they are determined to keep his RS and will limit his games.
He took one snap one because of an equipment issue. He wasn’t being asked to lead the team with the game on the line.

Final Game thoughts.

I’m not sure if there is a lower point in Nebraska football than making Minnesota look like Ohio State or Michigan.

Nebraska didn’t compete tonight. That has to be the most disappointing thing about tonight’s fiasco.

I’m not sure we saw Nebraska turn a runner East-West all night long. It isn’t enough to grab a hold of the guy and hope he gets tired dragging you down the field and falls down. Is there nothing we can do to force a runner to the ground? Other teams sure have no problems forcing our runners to the ground. It is disheartening to see such total lack of physicality out of our team.

We have to be so creative on offense because receivers can’t get open and our offensive line cannot pass block. Boe Wilson was a swinging gate all night. Trent Hixson was absolutely abused several times tonight. Every time our QB dropped back, his life was in danger.

By the way, if you are not going to make a play—don’t fall down and pretend you slipped. It’s funny how our guys kept “slipping” while Minnesota had perfect footing all night long.

This team played with an astonishing lack of heart tonight from the opening kickoff. I flashed back to the Michigan player last year saying he could tell Nebraska players “just didn’t want to be here.” I’m not sure why players think it is okay to lay down and whimper on the football field.

I thought Noah Vedral actually played pretty decently but every time we approached midfield the mistake-fest would immediately ensue.

I said at halftime, if midfield was the goal line we would have been winning.

We laid our usual start of second half egg on both sides of the ball again. Nappy time at half time just isn’t working out.

Let’s hope Wan’Dale Robinson is okay. Get well soon, young man. He made some plays but too little and too much pushing in the back by our blockers.

Spielman with two horrid fumbles on punts tonight. We were lucky we didn’t lose either one of them.

Khalil Davis may have a future as a boxer. However, punches need to be thrown between the bells and not after the bell.

Commentators made mention of our guys giving up on plays. Ouch.

It was nice to see Kade Warner out there for our only TD drive. His 26 yard reception was his first of the year (a career long) and was a ball I’m not sure any of our other receivers wouldn’t have dropped. I hope to see more of him.

Way to go Brody Belt. Nice to see him have a couple of nice runs.

There really isn’t much more I can say without just “piling on” what everybody else is thinking. We stunk tonight. The effort was unacceptable. We played timid, scared, and soft—when we bothered to play at all. This game was one of the worst efforts I can remember in a long time.

We are 4-3, if we play like this the rest of the way, another 4-8 season is on the way.

We stunk.

We have an off week and a couple of very winnable games before another off week. Time for the players to look into the mirror and decide how they want this to go. This season can go into the tank or we could be 6-3 and Bowl eligible when Wisconsin comes calling. But if they say they played hard tonight, then they are liars—and we are in for an ugly second half of the season.

Time for us fans to lower our expectations . . . again. Let’s just get Bowl eligible.

But is expecting our players to give a damn too much to ask?

Take care all.

Last edited:

Final Game thoughts.

I’m not sure if there is a lower point in Nebraska football than making Minnesota look like Ohio State or Michigan.

Nebraska didn’t compete tonight. That has to be the most disappointing thing about tonight’s fiasco.

I’m not sure we saw Nebraska turn a runner East-West all night long. It isn’t enough to grab a hold of the guy and hope he gets tired dragging you down the field and falls down. Is there nothing we can do to force a runner to the ground? Other teams sure have no problems forcing our runners to the ground. It is disheartening to see such total lack of physicality out of our team.

We have to be so creative on offense because receivers can’t get open and our offensive line cannot pass block. Boe Wilson was a swinging gate all night. Trent Hixson was absolutely abused several times tonight. Every time our QB dropped back, his life was in danger.

By the way, if you are not going to make a play—don’t fall down and pretend you slipped. It’s funny how our guys kept “slipping” while Minnesota had perfect footing all night long.

This team played with an astonishing lack of heart tonight from the opening kickoff. I flashed back to the Michigan player last year saying he could tell Nebraska players “just didn’t want to be here.” I’m not sure why players think it is okay to lay down and whimper on the football field.

I thought Noah Vedral actually played pretty decently but every time we approached midfield the mistake-fest would immediately ensue.

I said at halftime, if midfield was the goal line we would have been winning.

We laid our usual start of second half egg on both sides of the ball again. Nappy time at half time just isn’t working out.

Let’s hope Wan’Dale Robinson is okay. Get well soon, young man. He made some plays but too little and too much pushing in the back by our blockers.

Spielman with two horrid fumbles on punts tonight. We were lucky we didn’t lose either one of them.

Khalil Davis may have a future as a boxer. However, punches need to be thrown between the bells and not after the bell.

Commentators made mention of our guys giving up on plays. Ouch.

It was nice to see Kade Warner out there for our only TD drive. His 26 yard reception was his first of the year (a career long) and was a ball I’m not sure any of our other receivers wouldn’t have dropped. I hope to see more of him.

Way to go Brody Belt. Nice to see him have a couple of nice runs.

There really isn’t much more I can say without just “piling on” what everybody else is thinking. We stunk tonight. The effort was unacceptable. We played timid, scared, and soft—when we bothered to play at all. This game was one of the worst efforts I can remember in a long time.

We are 4-3, if we play like this the rest of the way, another 4-8 season is on the way.

We stunk.

We have an off week and a couple of very winnable games before another off week. Time for the players to look into the mirror and decide how they want this to go. This season can go into the tank or we could be 6-3 and Bowl eligible when Wisconsin comes calling. But if they say they played hard tonight, then they are liars—and we are in for an ugly second half of the season.

Time for us fans to lower our expectations . . . again. Let’s just get Bowl eligible.

But is expecting our players to give a damn too much to ask?

Take care all.
Amen

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back