• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

So save him for the Wisconsin and Iowa blood baths?!?!?!,!?!
Play him against Iowa and Wisconsin?

He's aleady played one. He has 3 left. You want to play him late in bad weather in a blowout?

We still play Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. We need to win 2 more games to get to a bowl and probably needs to come from those 3. But sure . . .play him against Wisky or Iowa a bit if you need to and he'll keep his RS.

Just another poor performance. Not surprising on the road vs. a decent team. Lots of anger, excuse making and even some apathy among the fandom. Everything is still in play with the program from the 2017 debacle - coaching, strength and conditioning, administration and accountability among the stewards.

Last edited:

Our playbook?! C'mon...I see the same zone/read vanilla plays getting blown up by our opponents snap after snap after snap. I think Luke can handle the playbook...lol.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I have seen very little creativity in the offense this year. It for sure doesn’t look like an offense being run by a second year starter or a qb that has been coached by same staff for 3 years.

Our playbook?! C'mon...I see the same zone/read vanilla plays getting blown up by our opponents snap after snap after snap. I think Luke can handle the playbook...lol.

All I’m saying is that‘s what Frost appears to have told the broadcasters when they asked about McCaffrey. They didn’t directly quote Frost, but they said that LM didn’t know enough of the playbook yet and that’s why Bunch played tonight rather than LM

All I’m saying is that‘s what Frost appears to have told the broadcasters when they asked about McCaffrey. They didn’t directly quote Frost, but they said that LM didn’t know enough of the playbook yet and that’s why Bunch played tonight rather than LM
Yeah, hear you and I was not attacking you in earlier posts. I just think it is ludicrous that an offense is "too complicated" but so many 3 and outs don't look very complicated to me!

What worries me is that Frost cannot explain it either. I know he knows football and knows how to coach. I think that the BIG is a very different animal than his coaches are used to.
I think he should re-evaluate his system. Don’t think it works in the BIG. It is not physical enough. We need to run down hill between the tackles. Frost’s system relies on too much finess.

Last edited:

He's aleady played one. He has 3 left. You want to play him late in bad weather in a blowout?

We still play Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. We need to win 2 more games to get to a bowl and probably needs to come from those 3. But sure . . .play him against Wisky or Iowa a bit if you need to and he'll keep his RS.
I don’t think it really matters in the scheme of things,I just hope we make a bowl game.Looks very iffy at the moment.GBR.

SO Frost put in Luke against NW with the game on the line because he didn't know th playbook?

SOunds ike the announcers either misunderstood or made some assumptions. All we've heard is that LM is #3, has tested very high on Mario's test, and has picked up the offense really fast. But they are determined to keep his RS and will limit his games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back