• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

SWVAHusker

Varsity
15 Year Member
I know. He can play in 3 more games and still redshirt. I guess they are saving him for Wisconsin, Iowa, and another team that will take us behind the shed.
Based on what the broadcasters said, it sounds like Frost and Verduzco are old school and don’t want McCaffrey to play at all the rest of the season. It appears that they don’t think McCaffrey knows enough of the playbook yet and they don’t want to insert him in a game with a small package of plays.

dparks

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Based on what the broadcasters said, it sounds like Frost and Verduzco are old school and don’t want McCaffrey to play at all the rest of the season. It appears that they don’t think McCaffrey knows enough of the playbook yet and they don’t want to insert him in a game with a small package of plays.
So our coaching staff can’t coach up the 3rd string QB? Okayyyyyyyyyyyy

HuskerTea

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Maybe we have to much in the playbook.Our QB’s haven’t been able to run many of the plays very well it seems.

CornhuskerinWI

Red Shirt
No. We have too many games left. It would be nice, if more qb’s go down (reasonable concern with this o-line), to play him without having to burn his redshirt. If this was the third to last game, I would agree.
There’s four other QBs that can play. You play him when you have the chance. They’re just wasting guaranteed reps on Bunch. I don’t rate “theoretical reps” as a great reason why.

Bugeater45

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Our playbook?! C'mon...I see the same zone/read vanilla plays getting blown up by our opponents snap after snap after snap. I think Luke can handle the playbook...lol.

SWVAHusker

Varsity
15 Year Member
So our coaching staff can’t coach up the 3rd string QB? Okayyyyyyyyyyyy
I think the implication is that Frost’s offense is complicated and the Nebraska playbook isn’t one that they want to ask a freshman QB to learn quickly if they don’t have to. With AM, Vedral and Bunch they can afford to let McCaffrey learn at a slower pace.

ramsker

Short...but slow
10 Year Member
So save him for the Wisconsin and Iowa blood baths?!?!?!,!?!
Play him against Iowa and Wisconsin?
He's aleady played one. He has 3 left. You want to play him late in bad weather in a blowout?

We still play Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. We need to win 2 more games to get to a bowl and probably needs to come from those 3. But sure . . .play him against Wisky or Iowa a bit if you need to and he'll keep his RS.