• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Gameday Weather Forecast

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
3PM Friday kickoff in Iowa City.

I figured I should get this posted early.

To start, it's unlikely to be as cold in Iowa City as it was in Lincoln for the Wisconsin game (33° high, wind chill 15-20°). In fact, Thanksgiving week will be warmer than this past week (in both Nebraska and Iowa).

Friday morning's daybreak temperature will be around 30 in Iowa City. With the kickoff at 3PM, that will be right around the high temperature of the day, which will be in the 40s. The amount of sunshine will determine if it's 40-42 degrees or 46-47 degrees.

No precipitation is showing up anywhere near Iowa City on Friday in any of the major computer models.

Wind could be in the moderate range, but this will need some fine tuning.

Bone chilling offense coupled with great effort but backbreaking defense makes me think of a long drive home back to Lincoln. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Second week in a row the weather forecast has tumbled to page 2.

It's pretty obvious that the majority don't really even care about the games at this point, so a weather forecast is probably a waste of time :)

Not a big deal. I may not do an update this week. Will be in Lincoln tomorrow.

Last edited:

It's pretty obvious that the majority don't really even care about the games at this point, so a weather forecast is probably a waste of time :)

Their loss. Keep up the informative good work. The weather is always a factor in ballgames.

I’ve always been curious about wind speed related to location of high or low pressure. Is there a correlation? Like the eye of a hurricane…do wind speed slow the closer you are to the center of the high or low pressure system?

Hey! This has always been a staple. I liked having it at the ready and checking on updates. Had to dig to page 3... one of those thankless jobs I guess. Appreciate ya doing the work and putting it out there for us. There were always some people that would add sumpin' interesting too.

Last edited:

I, for one, appreciate your forecasts. Not as important to me for away games, though.

have apprecited your weather forecast for a long time

let's not lets the worlds crap , and the fact we have a bad football team get us down

again thank s for the updates

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back