• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Gameday Weather Forecast -- Wednesday Update on Page #2, Post #20

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
With the game being on Friday (12:30PM CST kickoff), thought I'd go ahead and get this out there a bit earlier than usual.

Once again, the weather looks quite nice for football! Not currently seeing a chance for precipitation. Temperatures look warmer than normal for late-November (normal high in Lincoln is around 43). Wind also doesn't appear to be a significant factor.

I can't recall an entire season minus any significant weather impacts. Sure, we had the heat in 2-3 games early in the season -- but that's really been about it.

As of today, all of the major computer models are suggesting a high above 50 degrees on Friday in Lincoln (maybe even mid-50s). Sunny skies. Light wind. No chance of precipitation.

I'll update in a couple days to make sure this remains on track. I don't see precipitation being a factor even if the models do change some. The only impact would be if colder temperatures that are currently projected to shift well east of Nebraska shift more to the west (but even the worst case scenario would be temperatures in the 40s instead of 50s -- and I also can't rule out a high temperature approaching 60).

5kgjra.jpg

5ugl14.jpg

@HWM
I think one thing is almost a guarantee. That it’s going to be hot the first 2-3 games. Not 4-5 like this year. By and large, you’ll usually only face 2-3 bad weather games. So many think it’s the NFL in late December. Lol. People recruiting against a northern schools always use the weather. Like, oh, it’s too cold to go there, you’ll be playing in the snow, blah, blah, blah. Sure, you can get a game like that, but not that often. I’ve sat through a few. I’ve sat through a few in this state. OU/OSU was the coldest game I’ve ever been to. It was 9° at kickoff, night game. Point being, it’s usually not bad for the most part.

With the game being on Friday (12:30PM CST kickoff), thought I'd go ahead and get this out there a bit earlier than usual.

Once again, the weather looks quite nice for football! Not currently seeing a chance for precipitation. Temperatures look warmer than normal for late-November (normal high in Lincoln is around 43). Wind also doesn't appear to be a significant factor.

I can't recall an entire season minus any significant weather impacts. Sure, we had the heat in 2-3 games early in the season -- but that's really been about it.

As of today, all of the major computer models are suggesting a high above 50 degrees on Friday in Lincoln (maybe even mid-50s). Sunny skies. Light wind. No chance of precipitation.

I'll update in a couple days to make sure this remains on track. I don't see precipitation being a factor even if the models do change some. The only impact would be if colder temperatures that are currently projected to shift well east of Nebraska shift more to the west (but even the worst case scenario would be temperatures in the 40s instead of 50s -- and I also can't rule out a high temperature approaching 60).
HWM ,you sir had an mvp weather forecasting season. Thanks again.Keep the faith.GBR.

@HWM
I think one thing is almost a guarantee. That it’s going to be hot the first 2-3 games. Not 4-5 like this year. By and large, you’ll usually only face 2-3 bad weather games. So many think it’s the NFL in late December. Lol. People recruiting against a northern schools always use the weather. Like, oh, it’s too cold to go there, you’ll be playing in the snow, blah, blah, blah. Sure, you can get a game like that, but not that often. I’ve sat through a few. I’ve sat through a few in this state. OU/OSU was the coldest game I’ve ever been to. It was 9° at kickoff, night game. Point being, it’s usually not bad for the most part.

We've discussed this before. And I agree, the majority of games between September and November are rather nice.

But as someone who has been doing these gameday weather forecasts for 22 years here (and several prior to here on a Husker email list), this was a rare year when rain, snow, wind, or bitterly cold temperatures were not a factor in even one game -- at least strong winds happen in the fall -- but not this season. This was the easiest year of forecasts I've ever had. :)

We've discussed this before. And I agree, the majority of games between September and November are rather nice.

But as someone who has been doing these gameday weather forecasts for 22 years here (and several prior to here on a Husker email list), this was a rare year when rain, snow, wind, or bitterly cold temperatures were not a factor in even one game -- at least strong winds happen in the fall -- but not this season. This was the easiest year of forecasts I've ever had. :)
Yes we have. Was just adding. I can always talk about the weather. I like it like you do, I just don’t get paid for it. Lol.

I get paid for being wrong! :Rockon:
Indeed. Summer forecasts have to be the best. Mostly, it’s going to be hot, 94-99°, winds light out of the south, humidity around 40-90%, 20% chance of a thunderstorm, depending where you are. Everyday, except for the occasional disturbance, which most stay along the jet stream path which is usually somewhere around the Canadian border in the summer. The tropical stuff is where the issues are in predicting in the summer.

@HWM
Those who sat in Memorial Stadium in November in the 1970's and lack appendages will beg to differ :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back