• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread (B1G Tailgate From Lincoln)

The poster was taking a jab at me because I had stated that I got to watch Smothers in the fall and he had a rubber arm and I was worried about this game. He was telling me I was eating crow….it didn’t age well.
Didn’t age bad either it’s not like am would of done anything different
Hard in this offense. O-line played well enough to win. RB’s played good enough to win, and Smothers played good enough to win. Turnovers are going to happen. I don’t even blame Smothers for the safety, poor situational play call by Frost.
stopped reading at Harris in this offense line. Sorry but the line doesn’t make the throws that’s the qb

On any of the replays did you see any open receivers.? I think he was expecting the receiver who cut his route off to continue straight.

Our protection on the blocked punt was atrocious. The protector on the left actually stepped way from the guy who blocked it giving him a straight line into the punter. That seemed to me to be the play of the game, not the pass at the end of the game. The safety was the result of a call for a slow devloping play when you were backed into the end zone. I suspect SF would like that call back.

I hope this QB stays. He has real potential. This was his first game to play any minutes and he played better than I thought he would

Alberts might have saved the University a few million but he did nothing to help the football program. What he saved is going to be lost in revenue. Looking ahead I don’t see a 6-6 team at the very least until 2025. This is due to a new coaching having to be brought onboard the end of next year, multiple years of not being able to recruit, and a brutal 2024 schedule.

Alberts might have saved the University a few million but he did nothing to help the football program. What he saved is going to be lost in revenue. Looking ahead I don’t see a 6-6 team at the very least until 2025. This is due to a new coaching having to be brought onboard the end of next year, multiple years of not being able to recruit, and a brutal 2024 schedule.
Technically Trev could fire Frost now and he saved us money so, it’s not 100% of the table.

Last edited:
The worst part is that what do we as fans have to look forward to in the offseason and next year. Usually a team this bad goes in a different direction but here we are knowing this train wreck is coming back for another year. I don't trust Frost to hire 4 staff members that are going to impact this team at all.

I understand why Trev made the decision he did (save money plus appease the ignorant 60 to 70% of the fan base that thinks this is magically going to work out despite 4 years of evidence suggesting otherwise) but as a fan who used to love recruiting, offseason talk, the Spring Game, etc I have no enthusiasm at all because I know what next season is going to look like.

Well at least the weekly kick to the nuts is mercifully done. Of course I would have loved to see them win this thing and they freakin should have. But this stopped Smothers from hearing on a daily basis how amazing he is. Just like the clown that had the Smothes for Heisman sign. Good Lord!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back