• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread (B1G Tailgate From Lincoln)

I'm looking forward to it!

This is basically our bowl game. Nothing to lose. Lots of unknowns as to what we'll see on the field this afternoon.

While I picked Iowa, I wouldn't be shocked if we find a way to win. Iowa hasn't had a lot to prepare for -- with Smothers and likely an altered playbook.

If we have no more than one turnover, I think we have a real chance.

I have said several times on here... and I really want to drive the point home. This offense can work if we become 65/35 run and use the QB run game. For all the good Adrian is... when he was told that if he plays though injuries (especially the jaw) that he was not going to be put in positions to take hits... it REALLY hamstrung our offense.

If we win today... it is not going to be because Logan is a better QB than Adrian (I don't believe he is)... it is because one of the most dynamic aspects to this offense is the QB run game.. and the defense having to account for it. Be it speed option, zone read, QB power etc. I suspect that Logan is going to show what a gifted athlete he is... Folks are going to be blow away by his speed (this according to my friend who coaches HS ball in Huntsville, AL)...it is "T-Magic esque" (sub 11 second 100 meter)... If we can pop a few runs early for 10-15 yard gains... look for Allen down the seam in PA on a long TD today.

Last edited:

I'm looking forward to it!

This is basically our bowl game. Nothing to lose. Lots of unknowns as to what we'll see on the field this afternoon.

While I picked Iowa, I wouldn't be shocked if we find a way to win. Iowa hasn't had a lot to prepare for -- with Smothers and likely an altered playbook.

If we have no more than one turnover, I think we have a real chance.
Agree, except I'm hoping instead of odd happenings working against us...this will be where we get a win for no good reason except it just finally happens. GBR!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back