• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread (11/25/16)

Really proud of this group, they have been a great group of leaders both on and off the field , they deserve a win and a shot at B1G title!

Bring on Penn St! go Minn!

If there is anyone on this team that I am so excited for, for having such a great season it is Bando. I will go on record thinking that this kid was over rated, and yes I know there were issues with the staff and him the first couple of years. The article Sip wrote interviewing his dad is awesome.

Josh Banderas was in grade school when he began hearing his dad emphasize on-field humility. To this day, Tom Banderas disdains celebrations of any sort after big plays.

"I told Josh when he was young that if I see you doing crap like that, I'll go down and tell your coach to pull your ass off the field," the elder Banderas says.

I apologize Bando for doubting you, and I have the utmost respect for you and your Pops. Teaching life lessons before/in conjunction with sports in this day I don't think is too common. You both should be commended and thank you both for being HUSKERS.

If there is anyone on this team that I am so excited for, for having such a great season it is Bando. I will go on record thinking that this kid was over rated, and yes I know there were issues with the staff and him the first couple of years. The article Sip wrote interviewing his dad is awesome.

Josh Banderas was in grade school when he began hearing his dad emphasize on-field humility. To this day, Tom Banderas disdains celebrations of any sort after big plays.

"I told Josh when he was young that if I see you doing crap like that, I'll go down and tell your coach to pull your ass off the field," the elder Banderas says.

I apologize Bando for doubting you, and I have the utmost respect for you and your Pops. Teaching life lessons before/in conjunction with sports in this day I don't think is too common. You both should be commended and thank you both for being HUSKERS.
Glad you posted this because I was going to do likewise. Bando really came a long way from where he started at Nebraska. IMO he's worked himself into an honest shot at playing in the NFL now. Best thing that ever happened to his career was Trent Bray IMO. He's been taught how to maximize his god given athletic abilities which we see on the field now.

Has to make not only his dad but the entire family feel really good about playing at Nebraska. He's done himself proud this season.

I hope Bando has a killer day against IA.................

Last edited:

IMO, Bando is twice the player Will Compton was at Nebraska and Will is having a pretty darn good NFL career, so I would think he has a real shot the NFL

IMO, Bando is twice the player Will Compton was at Nebraska and Will is having a pretty darn good NFL career, so I would think he has a real shot the NFL
True but Compton is one of the hardest workers in the history of the program. Not to say that Bando does not work hard. Just pointing out that WC is a special kind of monster in his workouts and study. It has been well documented both in college and with the Redskins.

Really proud of this group of seniors and the whole team and coaches. They have endured a lot over last couple of years and they have righted the ship. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back