• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Indiana Gameday Weather Forecast -- Friday Update, Page 3, Post 34

2:30PM CDT kickoff in Lincoln.

The weather models are in good agreement that this coming Saturday will be warmer than normal. The only concern is that it's a one-day blip, 5-6 days from now -- so for now, counting on that weather trend holding together unless I see reason to change.

The other interesting note from the computer models is a completely different scenario in regards to an area of low pressure and associated precipitation. One of the major models develops a low over the Southern Plains Thursday-Friday -- then tracks it northeastward. The other doesn't develop that low, and has much drier air across the Plains late-week/weekend. The one model that does develop the low brings precipitation about to Kansas City on Saturday. The other has nothing for rain anywhere near. So, I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure that nothing develops and gets closer to Lincoln. For now, going with the dry scenario.

If it pans out, Saturday looks like it could get close to 70 in Lincoln. At least well into the 60s. Can't rule out 73-74 degrees. Low end would be 66-68.

Too early to forecast the wind with much confidence -- but the trend does suggest wind may increase during the day on Saturday.

I'll update later this week. For now, looks pretty good for a late-October game.
You’ve had us playing in good weather all season HWM,keep up the good work.GBR.

Mexican grand this weekend, Austin nov 1-3. I love me some F1. My brother lives in San Antonio but has no interest in F1.
Try to make it each year i live about 8 miles from track. Love it. Nothing like it. That and all the other races during the weekend F4, legend races etc

Not yet, but I watch it on espn. Love they give it a lot of coverage, good morning watch.

It's a great track (COTA, Circuit of the Americas). I believe it has the most elevation changes of all of the F1 tracks. I've gone to 4 or 5 of the races since they added Austin. I went last year; still debating this year. If I go, I'll buy general admission, which is a great deal as there's so many great places to view the race along the track (without needing to reserve a seat).

It's quite the spectacle, which draws all sorts of (very wealthy) people to Austin from all over the world.

I did IndyCar at the track last spring, which I enjoyed almost as much.

It's a great track (COTA, Circuit of the Americas). I believe it has the most elevation changes of all of the F1 tracks. I've gone to 4 or 5 of the races since they added Austin. I went last year; still debating this year. If I go, I'll buy general admission, which is a great deal as there's so many great places to view the race along the track (without needing to reserve a seat).

It's quite the spectacle, which draws all sorts of (very wealthy) people to Austin from all over the world.

I did IndyCar at the track last spring, which I enjoyed almost as much.
Japan was good last week. I can't imagine coming over a hill into corners with that much speed. Those cars are on rails until they are not, don't blink. How much is general admission?

Japan was good last week. I can't imagine coming over a hill into corners with that much speed. Those cars are on rails until they are not, don't blink. How much is general admission?

$195 for 3 days (including the concerts at night). $135 for Sunday only.

Wednesday Update:

No significant changes to the forecast.

I'm not going to say it's a zero percent chance of rain, but it's pretty close. More likely, rain no closer than Kansas City (may even stay southeast of KC).

Temperatures for the game will be in the 60s through halftime, falling into the 50s at game's end.

South wind 12-22 MPH.

Thursday Update:

Saturday will probably be the best day in quite a while -- so you might want to consider putting on a red shirt and going to the Nebraska game. :dropmic:

Pregame (Saturday morning/early-afternoon): Chilly start. 30s first thing Saturday morning. 40s by 9-10AM. 50s by 11AM-Noon. Sunny skies and dry.

Kickoff (2:30PM CDT): 63 degrees. Mostly sunny skies. South wind 12-20 MPH, gusts to 25.

Halftime: 62 degrees. Mostly sunny skies. South wind 12-20 MPH, gusts to 25.

4th Quarter: 59 degrees. Mostly sunny skies. South wind 10-15 MPH, gusts to 20.

Postgame: A strong cold front will move through Saturday evening, wind will turn out of the North and increase.

Sunday will be much colder. The first half of next week will be the coldest since last winter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back