• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Indiana Gameday Weather Forecast -- Friday Update, Page 3, Post 34

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
2:30PM CDT kickoff in Lincoln.

The weather models are in good agreement that this coming Saturday will be warmer than normal. The only concern is that it's a one-day blip, 5-6 days from now -- so for now, counting on that weather trend holding together unless I see reason to change.

The other interesting note from the computer models is a completely different scenario in regards to an area of low pressure and associated precipitation. One of the major models develops a low over the Southern Plains Thursday-Friday -- then tracks it northeastward. The other doesn't develop that low, and has much drier air across the Plains late-week/weekend. The one model that does develop the low brings precipitation about to Kansas City on Saturday. The other has nothing for rain anywhere near. So, I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure that nothing develops and gets closer to Lincoln. For now, going with the dry scenario.

If it pans out, Saturday looks like it could get close to 70 in Lincoln. At least well into the 60s. Can't rule out 73-74 degrees. Low end would be 66-68.

Too early to forecast the wind with much confidence -- but the trend does suggest wind may increase during the day on Saturday.

I'll update later this week. For now, looks pretty good for a late-October game.

The weather models are in good agreement that this coming Saturday will be warmer than normal. The only concern is that it's a one-day blip, 5-6 days from now -- so for now, counting on that weather trend holding together unless I see reason to change.

The other interesting note from the computer models is a completely different scenario in regards to an area of low pressure and associated precipitation. One of the major models develops a low over the Southern Plains Thursday-Friday -- then tracks it northeastward. The other doesn't develop that low, and has much drier air across the Plains late-week/weekend. The one model that does develop the low brings precipitation about to Kansas City on Saturday. The other has nothing for rain anywhere near. So, I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure that nothing develops and gets closer to Lincoln. For now, going with the dry scenario.

If it pans out, Saturday looks like it could get close to 70 in Lincoln. At least well into the 60s. Can't rule out 73-74 degrees. Low end would be 66-68.

Too early to forecast the wind with much confidence -- but the trend does suggest wind may increase during the day on Saturday.

I'll update later this week. For now, looks pretty good for a late-October game.
So, was the model predicting rain the GFS or Euro? These are the things we need to know. ;)

Pal I hope the IT that you're talking about isn't Indiana

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back