• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Illinois Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated last week that we would not win 6 games. After this week we will be lucky to win 4 games. That's a fact.

LOL...I called a 5-6 season after the BYU loss...with the Iowa game deciding game for whether this team got to go to come crap bowl game. Clearly Iowa is a superior football team, so, I guess we will have to get all giddy and excited about 5 wins...if we are lucky. but I would agree now, 4 wins is a real possibility. This team, the morons coaching them, just suck.

I could give two shts if MR is down. Sucks to be him as he's fully deserving of the rain coming this week. Pull your head out and coach the team.

Exactly. You are the head coach. Take control and pull your QB and OC over and tell them in no uncertain terms to run the ball---do what I tell you and nothing else. Don't improvise, don't call a pass . . . run the ball and if there is nothing there you eat it and kill clock.

I just wish one of the reporters would have asked him why they kept trying to throw the ball when it was obvious early on that it was not going to work.

Can Riley learn to call plays that his players can be successfull with?

I say Riley because if he does not take the playcalling away from Langsdorf than Riley cannot be a successful head coach. Langsdorf was inept today. And I am not even including that last third down call.

My biggest concern was not running the clock out. The whole fourth quarter. On 3 and 7 with 55 seconds, run the ball and bleed all the time off the clock.

keep in mind, Illinois was not an elite teams, not even close, even not 2nd tier. Plus no Ferguson.

:cry: :banghead: :lazybannana:

Last edited:

Exactly. You are the head coach. Take control and pull your QB and OC over and tell them in no uncertain terms to run the ball---do what I tell you and nothing else. Don't improvise, don't call a pass . . . run the ball and if there is nothing there you eat it and kill clock.

and don't fumble, and don't stumble, and make sure you get the snap, etc etc etc. TA had a brain fart - that is the only play I don't put on DL and MR - all the rest I do.

But now without the better, difference making, players of last year.

Enough of that crap, there are plenty of players on the roster to beat Illinois. You do understand that we just lost to a not so great team. Nebraska football is in the gutter.

What's really funny in a perverted sort of way is the defense played decently. The offense was beyond lousy and ultimately set the team up for failure. Yes it would have been great for the D to stop them from scoring but nevertheless they should have never been put in that position. Clock should not have had more then 15 seconds or so left and no time outs for IL. More then likely the game was over had someone not decided to throw that ill advised pass.

I can say I've invested all i'm investing emotionally in this season. This coaching staff is going to have to now step up and win some big games that we probably shouldn't win like Wisky, Northwestern and hahahaha MSU! Bottom line I'll continue to root for our kids because they are Nebraska..... the coaches have mostly earned the fans wrath for now imo.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back