• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs. Bethune Cookman

Ruger's a great weapon, but I have a few pinned SS Smith and Wessons. Now to respond to the mockers of my little post, I'm not saying it was an abominable disaster against BC, but the stat of the score isn't the final measuring mark of performance. I try looking deeper, beyond the mere stats, to judge the performance and how it bodes for the future. I'm just sharing what stuck out to me. Seems like a lot of responses are like teenagers finding a witty way to get attention from the boys and making snarky responses. Now before the bullies smell a softie and come at me harder, I'm not going to melt or sniffle if you say more mean things at me, so save that energy please. Go Big Red, Man!!!!!!!

Ruger's a great weapon, but I have a few pinned SS Smith and Wessons. Now to respond to the mockers of my little post, I'm not saying it was an abominable disaster against BC, but the stat of the score isn't the final measuring mark of performance. I try looking deeper, beyond the mere stats, to judge the performance and how it bodes for the future. I'm just sharing what stuck out to me. Seems like a lot of responses are like teenagers finding a witty way to get attention from the boys and making snarky responses. Now before the bullies smell a softie and come at me harder, I'm not going to melt or sniffle if you say more mean things at me, so save that energy please. Go Big Red, Man!!!!!!!

It was definitely not a good game. We've laid some huge eggs playing these overmatched opponents over the years, but at least is wasn't a near loss like Maine and McNeese St.

All I remember from that game is that WE HAVE NO DEPTH. Complete drop off from the starters. As the rebuild continues, we won’t see this much of a drop off.

Ridiculous matchup as many are in the non-conference. Not good for the sport to have such games. Why play a game one of the teams is not even interested in being there for?
Nebraska players were probably embarrassed that BC had to be brought in to get their first win. Not going to get too excited for that.

I like your handle, redhawk, I have a Ruger redhawk revolver, stainless, love it,
Carry on.

Had one I horse traded for in 454 Casull. Great revolver. The chambering was massive overkill for anything I'd be in close proximity to once I left Colorado, but still a great gun.

Let's take your post at face value and say you're not a troll. I doubt that's the case, but whatever. Why don't you break down tOhio State game instead? Why would you dissect the BC game? Bethune Cookman isn't a good football team and no one takes the game seriously. No one except you and 'Tool'. The game was forgotten the morning after by everyone but the grounds crew and folks in accounts payable. I'd say hanging for a full four quarters against a legitimate B1G contender like tOSU makes for a more interesting breakdown topic than a full pad exhibition against a far lesser opponent, wouldn't you?

I took the Bethune Cookman game as a good sign overall. We got some good reps to the second level of the depth chart, and in some cases went a bit deeper even. OL play was OK for depth - Most of the backup OL got 20+ snaps with Hixson and Gaylord looking the best, but Raridon and Miller also looked decent, while Sichterman whiffed a couple of times, but was better in the run game (similar to Raridon)

Context is important - we had just won our first game of the year and had to not look ahead (to OSU) and take care of business in a solid way and build consistency. We did that and then played a very good game on the road against Ohio State.

I might not come off that great in posts, I'll admit, but I'm not a troll. This game, played by 2 teams, coaching staffs, in front of 90K, why couldn't we learn something from this? Maybe an OSU game film might be more telling, but to discount a game played because the opponent was inferior doesn't make sense. I just want to talk about some football but end up getting psychoanalyzed. Cripes, maybe I don't sound like everybody else. Maybe my observations are valueless. But can't a husker fan express himself? I did watch the MSU game and have some takes on that. Would this be an acceptable game to dissect? Or did the weather conditions cause its play and outcome to be irrelevant?

I might not come off that great in posts, I'll admit, but I'm not a troll. This game, played by 2 teams, coaching staffs, in front of 90K, why couldn't we learn something from this? Maybe an OSU game film might be more telling, but to discount a game played because the opponent was inferior doesn't make sense. I just want to talk about some football but end up getting psychoanalyzed. Cripes, maybe I don't sound like everybody else. Maybe my observations are valueless. But can't a husker fan express himself? I did watch the MSU game and have some takes on that. Would this be an acceptable game to dissect? Or did the weather conditions cause its play and outcome to be irrelevant?

OK. You're new-ish to the board and I'll admit the post seemed out of place (months after a relatively meaningless game) and the critical content had me raising my eyebrows. We've got a handful of trolls who's sole purpose in life is to irritate, argue and make nonsensical statements purely to entertain themselves. I'll take your statements at face value and apologize for labeling you a troll.

You want to talk Husker football? I'm good with that.

I don't think the BC game is really worth an in depth dissection, unless it was a four quarter game (similar to McNeese St a few years back) or a loss (App State beating Michigan). Maybe 'meaningless' wasn't the right word for me to use to describe the game, but I do think it's very close to being accurate. Nebraska wasn't sharp and didn't look like they were in the game mentally and still won going away. It felt more like a practice than a game we could actually go back and break down to give us a real read on where the team is/was and where it's headed. Now ANY of the remaining games played after that afternoon, including the Michigan State game, give a much better measuring stick by which we can judge 2018 progress and potentially predict 2019 success or failure.

Feel free to express your opinions on any game you see fit. Express yourself to your hearts content.

GBR.

For what it's worth my post was less than exact. Their punter was my favorite part of that game. Without a doubt your take about how it went is as valid as any other.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back