• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Alcorn State

Why comment?

All of you that are Creighton fans and fantasize that Creighton is more than it is are determined to ruin the board for Husker fans so that we that are fans can't discuss our concerns or our optimism without expecting another flood of stupidity in your Doc bashing. All because Doc hurt your feelings a few years back apparently.

Ha!

I could give a rats arse about Creighton, although admittedly I can go to their games, not care about the outcome, and have a very good time. At NU games I end up banging my head on the seat in front of me out of frustration.

I get it that you can't make excuses for him anymore. I mean, what's left?

Facitilies? Nope! There's been at a minimum a vision of what will be at NU that anyone worth their weight in salt should be able to sell.

Injuries? Wow has this excuse been overplayed the past three years. But we're in year 5 or 6 so that doesn't work either now. The recruiting should be up to par to overcome injuries by now.

Lack of support from the AD??? Nope! See facilities arguement from above.

Tell us, oh wise sage of basketball, why we should rally behind Doc! Tell us how Doc has been dealt a bad hand and we should wait for next year.

Let me see if I can help you with your memory. Their current record is 7-3.
Can you share as much as a single link to a single post that is an example of "much praise coming from a select few in regards to the potential this year"? Please. Perhaps your memory isn't helping you today.

HWJ's thread about starting 1-9 in conference play.
HWJ's thread about perhaps getting just 4 more wins all season.
HWJ's thread about the AD having a list of candidates to call when Doc gets the boot this year.
HWJ's thread about how the season will turn out and his prediction that Doc is gone soon.

Three Questions for COG:
1. Can you read?
2. What is your definition of 'clam up' & 'nothing to post about'
3. Are you hear to talk basketball or just to make baseless & nonfactual claims about other posters.

I can see why you're a financial planner. So you're telling me that last year you didn't support Doc more than every other poster on this board? And with that, now all of the sudden, you blindly reiterate what kenpom says and we are to believe that you don't support your previous position at all???

So were you just clueless last year when you'd call me a flamer for pointing out FACTUAL numbers on W-L's in the Sadler era??? kenpom goes one way so you have to follow and abandon your support for Doc?

Yes, jay, you have clammed up with your support for Doc. i don't think ANYONE would find that baseless.

kenpom goes one way so you have to follow and abandon your support for Doc?

Yes, jay, you have clammed up with your support for Doc. i don't think ANYONE would find that baseless.

Did you post that I had clammed up with my support for Doc or did you post: "fRed and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about"?

Just of xxits and giggles, why don't you post a link to one of those posts I made that is a shinning example of how I used to "support Doc more than every other poster on this board"?

Just one sample post from last year is fine. Just one.

Last edited:
Did you post that I had clammed up with my support for Doc or did you post: "fRed and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about"?

Just of xxits and giggles, why don't you post a link to one of those posts I made that is a shinning example of how I used to "support Doc more than every other poster on this board"?

LMAO, trying hard not to be the Rojo of the basketball forum..

COG, don't even waste your time. EVERYONE knows what Jay's position was, he just seeing his world crashing down and is now trying to save face.

Oh, I'm sure you didn't, and I'm not going to waste my time looking.

However, for xxits and giggles, why don't you post a poll on how people viewed your position on Doc Sadler last year? "Did I, Jay XXXXXXXN, support Doc Sadler or not more than most people last year?" Let's see how those results look....we'll end the debate on who's more out of line in this "discussion".

OK , so it is YOU that sits behind me STOP IT!

Ha!

I could give a rats arse about Creighton, although admittedly I can go to their games, not care about the outcome, and have a very good time. At NU games I end up banging my head on the seat in front of me out of frustration.

Oh, I'm sure you didn't, and I'm not going to waste my time looking.

Let's keep score this year.

1. You said "fRed and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about". I posted 4 threads I have started in in the past week or so about how Doc is likely to be canned.
2. You posted in another thread that kenpom.com has NU going 1-9 in their next 10 games. That is wrong. (At the time I posted the 1-9 thread, he had NU going 3-7 in their next 10 and going 2-8 in their first 10 Big 10 games).
3. You haven't been able to find a single post I have to support your claim that I supported Doc Sadler more than most people last year.

All posts with the word Sadler by HWJ

I watched the 1st half of the game at a party Saturday night, and wasn't able to see the 2nd half. The fact that I had to ask "Did NU win tonight?", and not "How much did NU beat Alcorn St. by?" later in the evening just shows how bad it's gotten. Alcorn had a total of 4 players on their bench. In fact, we laughed at the fact that so many seats on the bench were unoccupied by Alcorn. I'd never seen so few players, coaches, trainers, sitting on a D1 bench before. The fact NU had to scrap in the 2nd half to beat this team is horrendous. I doubt anyone expected NU to beat Alcorn by 40 points, but to be up by just 2 at the half? Please, that's bad.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back