• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Akron Game Thread (9/1/18) Huskers want to find a game to fill schedule this year

First time this has ever happened in the history of Nebraska football. Unfortunate that fans made the trek to Lincoln and didn't get to see the game; but, I am ready to move on to Colorado. I see no need to try to do a full scale investigation on who knew what and when, whether there should have been some sort of contingency plan, or whether we should pay full amount to Akron (no reason not to). Also, they seem willing to complete the game if necessary.

I did wonder about that.

It's interesting that it was our associate athletic director making the in-game calls while watching lightning strikes on radar. He also mentions "his people," and a "weather center," but I wonder if they are actually employing meteorologists to assist in the decision-making. Because I can't figure out what took so long to finally call the game, when any meteorologist would have said "no chance" at least 2 hours before they finally threw in the towel.

Also interesting that there was no discussion during the week of moving the kickoff up to earlier in the day on Saturday. Even though there was apparently discussion of the weather concerns all week (according to the article).

UNL may just need to hire me for a small fee. ;)

Oh, get your dual Doppler in control

Possible bye date opponents - I think it's more likely that we'd get Akron back on championship weekend if we need to be bowl eligible. Or, perhaps Iowa State if we are both 5-6?

Central Florida would be sweet.

For my own selfish reasons, I'd LOVE to see a home and home with Troy this season! Troy is just down the road. Liberty and New Mexico State did just that last season.

https://herosports.com/college-football/trivia-2018-schedule-teams-play-twice-ahah

And good luck getting Bama to play a neutral site game outside of the South.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back