• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska v. Illinois 2021 Ireland!

Southeastern Louisiana replaces Northern Illinois on the 2021 schedule. It will be an SEC-style November game against an FCS opponent.

This is the silver lining to the whole thing.

The whole 2021 schedule is weird, but may be good? We get Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin at home. Oklahoma and Michigan State are on the road, and it's weird to close out the season against Minnesota instead of Iowa.

Murderer's Row in the first half of the season. Freaking Oklahoma, MSU and OSU in three straight weeks, two of which are on the road. But we do get effective BYE weeks later in the year, which break UM/Iowa and Wisky/Minn into two nice little chunks.

The final three conference games are Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, so the West could really be up for grabs until the final week.

08/28 Neutral Site - Illinois
09/11 Buffalo
09/18 @Oklahoma
09/25 @Michigan State
10/02 Ohio State
10/09 Northwestern

10/16 @Purdue
BYE
10/30 Michigan
11/06 Iowa
11/13 Southeastern Louisiana
11/20 Wisconsin

11/27 @Minnesota

Lot of Irish in Chicago and Illinois is in Chicago. Maybe that's where it came from. Let's of Irish in Nebraska too for that matter. I'm one of them. :Dancebroc:

Cool for fans I think? But why does DONU want to get fans drunk in Ireland? :)

Last edited:
Younger daughter spent 10 days in Ireland in 2018 and loved it, especially the local brew. She has been encouraging me to go and pay her to be the tour guide. This might be a fun vacation for us IF the Huskers will be playing reasonably quality football in 2021. Any bets ?

So looking at the schedule it appears that we lost a home game. Am I correct or am I wrong?
I believe we were suppose to play Illinois in Champagne that year and we are scheduling SE LA for a home game the weekend we were suppose to play at Illinois. So, if I read it right, we are gaining a home game and not playing a road game at the opponents stadium.

The whole 2021 schedule is weird, but may be good? We get Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin at home. Oklahoma and Michigan State are on the road, and it's weird to close out the season against Minnesota instead of Iowa.
Thanks former AD/HC. :mad:

Younger daughter spent 10 days in Ireland in 2018 and loved it, especially the local brew. She has been encouraging me to go and pay her to be the tour guide. This might be a fun vacation for us IF the Huskers will be playing reasonably quality football in 2021. Any bets ?
Yes, 2021 is when I think we compete for the West/B1G title, even with that insane schedule. I've been a year 3 is better but 4 is the year guy for awhile now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back