• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska v. Illinois 2021 Ireland!

Nice looking stadium. Holds 51.7K.
Aviva_banner_8.jpg

You know, as much as I dislike the playing overseas nonsense, I just might take a hard look at this. Haven't been to Ireland so this could be alot of fun. Maybe our Family Football Weekend.:Cheers:

Spent 8 years in the 70s and 80s in the UK with the USAF. I think this is just great. What better than to see a bunch of kids running around with Husker gear on supporting NU to go along with all the Liverpool, Manchester United, etc, etc gear along with Notre Dame stuff. Yes, you see ND stuff quite a bit, the religion card you know.

You know, as much as I dislike the playing overseas nonsense, I just might take a hard look at this. Haven't been to Ireland so this could be alot of fun. Maybe our Family Football Weekend.:Cheers:
I think the last overseas game was Tokyo ...... Huskers vs ??? (too lazy to search)

update: Huskers vs KSU, 1992

https://journalstar.com/yards-touch...cle_ce261b57-f0d3-5570-a2e8-2b5247405ff0.html
Each team was guaranteed $200,000 (minus the approximate $9,000 spent on passports). Entourages from both schools left on the same plane the Tuesday before the game for the 13-hour flight. They also shared the same return flight.

About 500 Nebraska fans attended game

Illini and Huskers will share plane?

qAy1FGM.png

Last edited:

As much as i hate traveling, this is interesting...
Aww Come On! The packing, the security lines, sardine-like accommodations on the plane, the 9+ hours wondering whether it’s gonna crash, spending your retirement $$ rushing around on boring bus tours, and, god forbid we lose. Oh yeah, then do all of that stuff again returning home. What’s not to like?

Disclaimer: I do not work for any travel services company partnering with NU on tour packages.

Aww Come On! The packing, the security lines, sardine-like accommodations on the plane, the 9+ hours wondering whether it’s gonna crash, spending your retirement $$ rushing around on boring bus tours, and, god forbid we lose. Oh yeah, then do all of that stuff again returning home. What’s not to like?

Disclaimer: I do not work for any travel services company partnering with NU on tour packages.
Another way, ship. Titanic type. Watch out for iceberg !! :Biggrin:

hqdefault.jpg

You know, there is probably some serious athletes over there truth be told. It’s just raw as far as American sports go.
watching the Rugby World cup, saw the Irish destroy Samoa on Saturday (47-5) ... so, who knows, perhaps start a transatlantic pipeline ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back