• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Spring Practices/Game

It would be nice if we could have official recruits at the spring game. It’s such a great way to sell the program. Thanks NCAA. Hopefully some unofficial visitors can attend on their own dime.

Looking forward to seeing some of the young guys and transfers. I’m especially looking forward to seeing Smothers in person.

We will have to see what the Mayor of Lincoln and Lancaster County Health Department have to say about this as they have been stricter and tighter with their rules than the rest of the state of Nebraska and Omaha

I think they will have the last say. However, numbers continue to decline, and they will be cutting off thier noses (tax receipts) to spite their face (appearing to be the most proactive to protect Lincolnites from themselves).

I think there will be a strong push to allow as much of a crowd as we can for May 1

Lincoln/Lancaster county is administering 10K doses of vaccine per week, currently. Likely to increase as availability increases.

CDC says Lancaster Co is at 88.38 cases per 100k. We need to tamp that number down further to gather and be rid of masks.

I think they will have the last say. However, numbers continue to decline, and they will be cutting off thier noses (tax receipts) to spite their face (appearing to be the most proactive to protect Lincolnites from themselves).

I think there will be a strong push to allow as much of a crowd as we can for May 1

Lincoln/Lancaster county is administering 10K doses of vaccine per week, currently. Likely to increase as availability increases.

CDC says Lancaster Co is at 88.38 cases per 100k. We need to tamp that number down further to gather and be rid of masks.
I think moving the date back to the 1st will be seen as a very wise move going forwards, and wouldnt be surprised if other schools follow suit

About 5 to 6 hours after you light your grill. What time are you lighting up?
img20191027_090439.jpg

I will fire up the grill sometime early morning, I'm guessing frost wants a 11am kickoff,
I will bring you a hamms tall boy

Flu season will be over by May 1st so "numbers" will be down due to nature.

Should allow full stadium unless there is some new "fear" factor between now and then with whatever harmless measures (mask, distancing, no farting, etc) that officials require.

Country Doc: Vaccine only reduces symptoms, they have yet to show that it reduces transmission of Covid.
"While mRNA COVID-19 vaccines have demonstrated high efficacy at preventing severe and symptomatic COVID-19, there is currently limited information on how much the vaccines might reduce transmission and how long protection lasts".

GBR

Should allow full stadium unless there is some new "fear" factor between now and then with whatever harmless measures (mask, distancing, no farting, etc) that officials require.

Country Doc: Vaccine only reduces symptoms, they have yet to show that it reduces transmission of Covid.
"While mRNA COVID-19 vaccines have demonstrated high efficacy at preventing severe and symptomatic COVID-19, there is currently limited information on how much the vaccines might reduce transmission and how long protection lasts".

GBR
Same circumstances, post infections show no carrying capacity to infect others.
Unless, these are artificial antibodies created from the vaccine ;)

Same circumstances, post infections show no carrying capacity to infect others.
Unless, these are artificial antibodies created from the vaccine ;)
The vaccine uses mRNA to tell your body to make "spike proteins".
These "spike proteins" are supposed to be identical to the ones on the Covid virus.
When the cells that make these proteins die and let these proteins loose in the blood stream, antibodies are made to them.

These antibodies have clearly been shown to reduce the severity of Covid infections if you get it, but as I said that does not mean that you can not walk by a Covid infected person, get a "low grade" Covid infection (no symptoms, remember many Covid infections have minimal to no symptoms!) and then pass the virus on to someone else even though YOU have been vaccinated.

That's the point I am trying to make and why the CDC is not letting go of the ancillary Covid measures in vaccinated people until they get lot's more data, likely years of data :(.

These "spike proteins" are supposed to be identical to the ones on the Covid virus.
When the cells that make these proteins die and let these proteins loose in the blood stream, antibodies are made to them.

These antibodies have clearly been shown to reduce the severity of Covid infections if you get it, but as I said that does not mean that you can not walk by a Covid infected person, get a "low grade" Covid infection (no symptoms, remember many Covid infections have minimal to no symptoms!) and then pass the virus on to someone else even though YOU have been vaccinated.

That's the point I am trying to make and why the CDC is not letting go of the ancillary Covid measures in vaccinated people until they get lot's more data, likely years of data :(.
I know.
They have millions of people to choose from, and more than 8 months in.

I was speaking on post infected folks, going back a year ago on.

It still comes down to common sense,reinfected peoples are somewhat rare,and their potential victims, those who never had it or the vaccine are becoming more scarce, the odds arent in the virus favor.

As time goes by, those chances become even more constricted for potential infection.

Last edited:

They should allow as many as want to attend. 88 cases per 100,000 people is a .088% infected population! That is less than 1%!

Last edited:

GBR
Some good news on exactly what I was just mentioning
Lets play ball in front of the faithful!

Last edited:

People will have to make a choice soon, keep letting them tell you to wait and wait and wait. Or use some common sense. The only reason the "it doesn't prevent transmission" misinformation gets passed along is because they didn't structure the phase 3 trial to test for it.

For someone to be counted as confirmed Covid, they need a positive test, symptoms or not (or in some cases, symptoms and contact were getting counted as assumed). For someone to be counted in the Phase 3 trial, you needed symptoms and a positive test. Therefore, the trial data cannot statistically rule out asymptomatic cases, but only because they didn't test for them.

So now, we jump from we only don't know because we didn't structure the trial that way to you can still spread it and then hide behind absolutism. This is all about odds and there are no absolutes. Few vaccines are going to completely sterilize virus transmission but most are going to have significant impacts on their ability to transmit. The data for COVID is no different where transmission possibility from vaccinated people is lower than probabilities to release from quarantine.

The real question is what are the odds of a vaccinated person getting COVID, having no symptoms, and then passing it on to someone else and are those odds an acceptable risk? If the answer is no, then we are in a world of trouble because the risk of harm in this situation is well below risks that have been acceptable norms. But what is more disturbing is no one wants to discuss the odds of the first part of that question before demanding restrictions.

People will have to make a choice soon, keep letting them tell you to wait and wait and wait. Or use some common sense. The only reason the "it doesn't prevent transmission" misinformation gets passed along is because they didn't structure the phase 3 trial to test for it.

For someone to be counted as confirmed Covid, they need a positive test, symptoms or not (or in some cases, symptoms and contact were getting counted as assumed). For someone to be counted in the Phase 3 trial, you needed symptoms and a positive test. Therefore, the trial data cannot statistically rule out asymptomatic cases, but only because they didn't test for them.

So now, we jump from we only don't know because we didn't structure the trial that way to you can still spread it and then hide behind absolutism. This is all about odds and there are no absolutes. Few vaccines are going to completely sterilize virus transmission but most are going to have significant impacts on their ability to transmit. The data for COVID is no different where transmission possibility from vaccinated people is lower than probabilities to release from quarantine.

The real question is what are the odds of a vaccinated person getting COVID, having no symptoms, and then passing it on to someone else and are those odds an acceptable risk? If the answer is no, then we are in a world of trouble because the risk of harm in this situation is well below risks that have been acceptable norms. But what is more disturbing is no one wants to discuss the odds of the first part of that question before demanding restrictions.
Nothing about Covid and it’s treatment, prevention or vaccination policy has anything to do with “science “.
All these decisions have been driven by other issues.

In addition, No one has wanted to wait the time it would take To have the “science” as these studies would take years.

It is extremely disheartening to see what were formerly bastions of the scientific method become distributors of misinformation and fear.

All the best.

Practices are scheduled for mornings, mostly ending between 10:30 and 11 a.m.

Practices & media availability

TUE 3/30: No media access
WED 3/31: Coaches Austin, Beckton, Dawson, Fisher
FRI 4/02: No media access
MON 4/05: Coaches Verduzco, Held, 3-4 offensive players
WED 4/07: Coaches Ruud, Tuioti, 3-4 defensive players
FRI 4/09: No media access
MON 4/12: Coach Frost, 2-4 players
WED 4/14: Coaches Lubick, Chinander, 2-3 players
FRI 4/16: No media access
MON 4/19: Offensive coaches TBD, 2-3 players
WED 4/21: Defensive coaches TBD, 2-3 players
FRI 4/23: No media access
MON 4/26: No media access
WED 4/28: Coach Frost, 3-4 players
SAT 5/01: Red-White Spring Game

FANS in the Stadium!!!:Corn2:

"To accommodate approximately 50 percent capacity, every other row will be sold in full throughout Memorial Stadium. This will allow for social distancing both in front and behind fans."

Sooo, around 40,000 fans!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back