• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Sports Writers

Husker Robbie

Stumblin and Bumblin My Way Through Life
5 Year Member
Who do you read and why?

Sean Callahan seems to be pretty real. Straight forward not much Kool Aid. I do also enjoy Shatel. He still pines for the Big Eight skywriters tour but he also has honest emotions after each game. "Just run the damn ball."

Who do you read and why?

Sean Callahan seems to be pretty real. Straight forward not much Kool Aid. I do also enjoy Shatel. He still pines for the Big Eight skywriters tour but he also has honest emotions after each game. "Just run the damn ball."
For me it’s McKewon, Shatel, and Sipple. I do their podcasts too (Husker Online Podcast and Pick Six Podcast) along with the Doc Talk podcast. I also enjoyed that new writer Amie Just last year.

Shatel is still my favorite Husker sports writer but almost always behind a paywall. I really enjoy Amy Just, but same problem.

I’m all-in on Husker podcasts. I listen to about half a dozen, but my top 2 are Husker Doc Talk and No Block No Rock.

I read whoever is free; they're just as good as the paid hacks. McKewon was good until he started working for the Weird-Herald.
I don't listen to podcasts because I don't want to take the time to listen to 30 minutes of drivel for the off-chance of hearing one unique thought.

I read whoever is free; they're just as good as the paid hacks. McKewon was good until he started working for the Weird-Herald.
I don't listen to podcasts because I don't want to take the time to listen to 30 minutes of drivel for the off-chance of hearing one unique thought.
Agree here but I would change that first sentence to “they’re just as bad as the paid hacks” lol. I think the best guys are the recruiting guys.

You can listen to podcasts at faster playback speeds and skip ahead. I typically listen to all podcasts at 1.5x speed and use the skip 30 second button during interview segments.

I listen to the podcasts usually while exercising or doing puzzles. It works for me.

Shatel is still my favorite Husker sports writer but almost always behind a paywall. I really enjoy Amy Just, but same problem.

I’m all-in on Husker podcasts. I listen to about half a dozen, but my top 2 are Husker Doc Talk and No Block No Rock.
Does doc talk still feature Travis Justice as well? If so, I need t add it to the list

You can listen to podcasts at faster playback speeds and skip ahead. I typically listen to all podcasts at 1.5x speed and use the skip 30 second button during interview segments.

I listen to the podcasts usually while exercising or doing puzzles. It works for me.

Podcasts are great while commuting, exercising, mowing, doing chores around the house, etc.

I cant think of any I really dis-like, some are better writers, some are better on video, I like the fact that most all are still fans and want to see our team do well, That helps me look past any shortcomings they may have that might irritate me.

I really liked when Christoferson and sipple used to do videos together, they were fun. Neither were afraid to show their real selves, to be odd, or goofy, it was very genuine. Loved it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back