• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska/Penn State series cancelled

This week's Nebraska vs. Penn State volleyball matches at the Bob Devaney Sports Center have been canceled. The decision was mutually agreed upon out of an abundance of caution surrounding the health and safety of the student-athletes, coaches and staff relating to COVID-19. The contests will not be rescheduled.

More to the above article

Last edited:

of course it is! I expected a big battle over the fan in the stand issue with the Lincoln powers to be anyway!

Last edited:
The article doesn't really say specifically why the series was cancelled. I am going to guess that Penn State didn't want to take a chance of traveling so close to the tournament, increasing their chances of covid cases which could leave them shorthanded for the tourney.

The article doesn't really say specifically why the series was cancelled. I am going to guess that Penn State didn't want to take a chance of traveling so close to the tournament, increasing their chances of covid cases which could leave them shorthanded for the tourney, both teams
I watched coach's latest conference on btn+
He explained,someone on psu's team tested positive
Both teams agreed, the danger of playing each other could end up spreading the covid to other venues. etc..
Also, the team doctors agreed, shut it down.

Made sense to me.
In fact, coach was glad it was cancelled.
Too much tension for all.
Find the conference call on huskers.com,
If u don't go on btn.

Found this article on huskers.com:

I remembered, Coach Cook also mentioned why he was not wanting to try to find someone to play (no one is really available, he said). He also brought up, it was Easter, and let's just be with family and friends, if possible.

Last edited:
The article doesn't really say specifically why the series was cancelled. I am going to guess that Penn State didn't want to take a chance of traveling so close to the tournament, increasing their chances of covid cases which could leave them shorthanded for the tourney.
Hey, I found the url for the conference call of Coach Cook

It is the video , explaining the cancellation.

Click on the "demand" button on the first url below the big one.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back