• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska over 300 offers for the 2021 class

Interested to get the boards thoughts on this:

When I first saw it, it really doesn't matter in my opinion. With social media like twitter, instagram, etc., you can gauge an athletes interest really quick. Does it really matter if one of those offers is us sending an offer to a five star lineman over twitter and we don't get anywhere with him? My initial thought was I love it. Gotta cast a wide net and see who is interested. After all, it costs us nothing to offer a kid. Or does it?

I started hearing how our neighbors to the east are using it to negative recruit against us this cycle. How a Nebraska offer used to mean something, now look how many kids they offer. So I went back to the tweet and started looking at the general thoughts:

Let's be honest, a lot of those are just fans. But I did take notice when programs and their coaches were starting to say it to kids we are recruiting in our own backyard. And if you go to that tweet, you get a lot of Nebraska fans defending it and quoting our recruiting ranking compared to places like Wisconsin and Iowa since they were the ones popping off the most. Of course, those schools would just post the scores of the games the past 5 years to counter our recruiting ranking. They have scoreboard on us the only place that matters.

There was then a recruiting analyst that came on the radio these past couple weeks that talked about how Mike Riley went after the highly rated recruit, but maybe that recruit didn't fit into his system which is why our rankings were high but didn't get the on field success we were hoping for. Is that what we are doing currently? Are we offering every highly ranked kid? Or are we truly evaluating every offer we have out? Does it de-value our brand doing it this way? I still lean toward i'll send an offer to a kid to gauge his interest, but I can assure you our rivals are recruiting against us using this.

What's the board think?

My thought is this. We have to cast a wide net as there are not a lot of recruiting hotbeds in our area. I think PSU is a bigger deal. They border Ohio, NJ MD , That along with Penn. That is 4 of the top 10-15 recruiting states in the country. Nebraska has Co and MO which are probably 20-25.

How special do you feel as a running back if they are recruiting 8 others in just one year.
If you are a 4 star and everyone else a 3 pretty special. If you are the three star then you are thinking if that is where I want to go I better sign up.

Curious why they let him still come up and visit after committing if it was only in RJs eyes. Also would be curious why they liked/retweeted his commitment And offer tweets, were they mocking him? “Look at this kid acting like he can commit here, let’s retweet it and throw on a like.”

All current offers are committable when they are made, thus why RJ jumped on his. Not a difficult concept. There’s a reason guys like Gifford are offered later in the process... tiers.

Just a though. It was a committable offer, but then after the visit it became non-committable. I have no inside information but maybe the coaches or his player hosts found something they disliked??

If you are a 4 star and everyone else a 3 pretty special. If you are the three star then you are thinking if that is where I want to go I better sign up.
Or you think "maybe I'll go to Wisconsin or Iowa because they are only after a couple of us." But whatever.......I guess you can live in your shallow world of believing that everyone wants to participate in a crowded field. If you can't see what is happening in regards to transfers already then you will miss the point on how offering too many scholarships can scare SOME recruits.

Or you think "maybe I'll go to Wisconsin or Iowa because they are only after a couple of us." But whatever.......I guess you can live in your shallow world of believing that everyone wants to participate in a crowded field. If you can't see what is happening in regards to transfers already then you will miss the point on how offering too many scholarships can scare SOME recruits.
So no one ever transfers from Wisky or IA?
https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_441cd26f-578f-5641-a140-e8cb1d1c343b.html

Your Frost derangement syndrome is showing.

So no one ever transfers from Wisky or IA?
https://madison.com/wsj/sports/coll...cle_441cd26f-578f-5641-a140-e8cb1d1c343b.html

Your Frost derangement syndrome is showing.
. So is your derangement

Just a though. It was a committable offer, but then after the visit it became non-committable. I have no inside information but maybe the coaches or his player hosts found something they disliked??
Maybe, that would look awful on this staff tho. I think he just didn’t develop as they were hoping so we cut ties.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back