• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska over 300 offers for the 2021 class

I haven't seen the thought that we are just working harder to identify talent than other teams including guys that will "fit". I'm sure there are plenty of athletes that could fit into what our coaches want. Just a theory....
Could be misreading your post, but I hope that’s what’s going on. I just have a tough time landing there when we are so many more than places like Iowa and Wisconsin then seeing how organized those people are compared to us.

Reminds me a bit of one of my sales managers “I have no doubt you’d run thru a door for me, I just don’t think you’d check to see if it’s unlocked first.”

Could be misreading your post, but I hope that’s what’s going on. I just have a tough time landing there when we are so many more than places like Iowa and Wisconsin then seeing how organized those people are compared to us.

Reminds me a bit of one of my sales managers “I have no doubt you’d run thru a door for me, I just don’t think you’d check to see if it’s unlocked first.”
I hope so too. Does kind of seem like a red flag.

They are all committable. They become “non committable” when your spot gets taken. They all can be accepted at the time they’re made. All these offers weren’t made at the exact same time.

So, if we have 10 RB offers out and only one spot available, when the 1st running back commits, we formally withdraw the remaining offers, even if that player that committed might be our 10th choice?

So, if we have 10 RB offers out and only one spot available, when the 1st running back commits, we formally withdraw the remaining offers, even if that player that committed might be our 10th choice?
When we hand out offers we tell them "we are taking 1 QB" or whatever the number is. We hand our offers out on a tier basis, so if two QBs have an offer at the same time, we will take either of them. We don't formally rescind offers, we just stop talking to them.

To your point at the end, that is where open, honest communication is important as a recruiter and can help when a school like Wisconsin brings it up.
I agree on the open and honest part. That is the problem. Wisconsin can say we believe in you and what's his name. You are OUR targets and who we want and we can make the best for you. Nebraska has to say........well we are only taking the two best that we can get out of the 7. Now some will say that adds incentive for them to commit early. Some other recruits won't feel it the say way the feel it hearing from Wisconsin. I'd like to know which system leads to more recruits flipping. Right now we seem to be out recruiting the like's of Wisconsin and such but what good is it doing us?

I guess RJ Sorenson is a good example of what i'm talking about. 1 of the 300+ early offers, we actually took his commitment. Then we cut him loose.
Hey I don't have a problem with this but...…...cutting him loose is what the top programs do and many fans on here criticize the Urban Meyers, and the Nick Saban's for doing so as if these coaches are the lowest scum in the world.

If what the staff is doing is working then why the Texas are we complaining about it?

Hey I don't have a problem with this but...…...cutting him loose is what the top programs do and many fans on here criticize the Urban Meyers, and the Nick Saban's for doing so as if these coaches are the lowest scum in the world.
I have no problem with us cutting them loose. I guess I was more pointing that out from the fact of us probably not working harder or going the extra mile if our first commit for 2021 was processed a few short months later.

If Frost and Co only offer 150 kids next cycle and the recruiting class dips into the 30's people here will bitch incessantly. Offering 400 kids the last couple of cycles isn't why Frost is 9-15 here. That's one helluva leap.

I have no problem with us cutting them loose. I guess I was more pointing that out from the fact of us probably not working harder or going the extra mile if our first commit for 2021 was processed a few short months later.

I thought there was speculation that the commitment was only in the eyes of RJ, that the staff hadn't 'accepted' that commitment. I know you said that all offers are commitable, but I don't think that's the case, and I don't think that we aren't tiering those offers in some manner. I may have 7 guys on my board, but they sure as heck aren't all equal.

This notion that going with the 'target method', only offering a few to bring greater meaning to an offer sounds strangely like something Bo and Frank were known for, then left scrambling to pull in some last second 'reach', or a kid they hadn't really vetted well who liked smashing bottles on people's heads. I don't see how this tactic gains us much at this point. When we get left at the alter, as happens to all teams from time to time, do we really think players feel all special to be the Hail Mary late in the process? It's one thing to be told you are on our list to be a member of a pretty exclusive club, it's another to be told I got dump at the alter, but I still want to get married to someone...wanna be my someone?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back