• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska over 300 offers for the 2021 class

Fans of other B1G teams: nEbRaSsKa sUcKs CuZ tHeY lOsT ThERe TeXaS ReCrOoTiN bAsE.

Also fans of other BIG teams: OMG! NeBrAsKA dOeSnT cArE aBoUt KiDs. LoOk HoW mAnY tHeY oFfErR.

We hear all the time that Nebraska is rural and doesn't haven't enough quality athletes within a close radius to choose from. So why are we surprised they cast a wide net? Iowa and Wisconsin fans and staff can go Texas themselves. No one likes those douchebags anyway.

Soooo, how do you do the crazy typing thing?

I just don’t have the patience.

So everyone is getting atwitter about the number of scholarships offered.

Look at the QB position alone ... 10 offers out there ... NU likely takes 1 (if any) in this recruiting cycle ... and of the 10 - 8 of those have verbally committed elsewhere. So the 326 now becomes in reality 316 ... so on a so forth.

Look through the list N2FL posted ... its kids who have offers from Clemson, tOSU, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, PSU and many others.

These are the guys I WANT Nebraska recruiting.

How special do you feel as a running back if they are recruiting 8 others in just one year.

It pretty much comes down to prioritization and how they communicate with those players. If a RB will only come to NU if he is the only offer, well, it probably isn't going to work out.

I'm not completely sure how Nebraska runs their recruiting department or the size of it. I will say (and have been saying since I joined this board when Callahan was coach) that this is where a school like Nebraska needs to bulk up to even the playing field in recruiting. This is where that B1G money comes in handy.

If you look at schools like Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, Auburn, Ohio State, Texas A&M, etc., they employ 20+ people in their recruiting departments. I'm taking guys who aren't on-field coaches.

A school like Alabama, generally, it's their recruiting department staffers who are getting tape on a recruit. Bama has a specific athletic profile that they're looking for with each position. If a kid checks those boxes and some other parameters, his film is passed on to the position coach. If he likes the kid, he's passed on to the coordinator, if he likes him, it goes to Saban who decides to offer or not.

Does Nebraska do this? If you have a large contingency of recruiting staffers who know their stuff, like Alabama, you can expedite the recruiting process immensely.

How special do you feel as a running back if they are recruiting 8 others in just one year.

Like I better get my spot if I want to go there. Say what you will about not feeling special, the point is, you aren't special, there are plenty of very talented, hungry kids out there wanting to get their school paid for. The exceptions might be those extremely high rated players who are only considering the Bama, LSU, Clemson, OSU's of the world, they might get butt hurt they aren't the only player you focus on. The rest will soon know, we care, we want you, but we aren't going to wait forever, we have a team to build. If competition is scary, find a team that lacks depth, but that won't be anyone hovering around the top 20.

I'm not completely sure how Nebraska runs their recruiting department or the size of it. I will say (and have been saying since I joined this board when Callahan was coach) that this is where a school like Nebraska needs to bulk up to even the playing field in recruiting. This is where that B1G money comes in handy.

If you look at schools like Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, Auburn, Ohio State, Texas A&M, etc., they employ 20+ people in their recruiting departments. I'm taking guys who aren't on-field coaches.

A school like Alabama, generally, it's their recruiting department staffers who are getting tape on a recruit. Bama has a specific athletic profile that they're looking for with each position. If a kid checks those boxes and some other parameters, his film is passed on to the position coach. If he likes the kid, he's passed on to the coordinator, if he likes him, it goes to Saban who decides to offer or not.

Does Nebraska do this? If you have a large contingency of recruiting staffers who know their stuff, like Alabama, you can expedite the recruiting process immensely.

I'm sure this is the plan, if not already in place. One thing I think some forget is with all those kids out there using social media multiple times an hour, the offers get displayed for other to see. It wasn't too many years ago we had a coach who took heat for not going after higher ranked kids, and I think our branding fell off because of it. When we see these silly, 'I'm posting my top 25 schools', I'm not opposed to seeing that nice Red N in the mix, no matter how ridiculous we likely think it is.

Last edited:

As long as we get the top guys on the list, who cares about the total number? 25 five star beasts would be good.

Interested to get the boards thoughts on this:

When I first saw it, it really doesn't matter in my opinion. With social media like twitter, instagram, etc., you can gauge an athletes interest really quick. Does it really matter if one of those offers is us sending an offer to a five star lineman over twitter and we don't get anywhere with him? My initial thought was I love it. Gotta cast a wide net and see who is interested. After all, it costs us nothing to offer a kid. Or does it?

I started hearing how our neighbors to the east are using it to negative recruit against us this cycle. How a Nebraska offer used to mean something, now look how many kids they offer. So I went back to the tweet and started looking at the general thoughts:

Let's be honest, a lot of those are just fans. But I did take notice when programs and their coaches were starting to say it to kids we are recruiting in our own backyard. And if you go to that tweet, you get a lot of Nebraska fans defending it and quoting our recruiting ranking compared to places like Wisconsin and Iowa since they were the ones popping off the most. Of course, those schools would just post the scores of the games the past 5 years to counter our recruiting ranking. They have scoreboard on us the only place that matters.

There was then a recruiting analyst that came on the radio these past couple weeks that talked about how Mike Riley went after the highly rated recruit, but maybe that recruit didn't fit into his system which is why our rankings were high but didn't get the on field success we were hoping for. Is that what we are doing currently? Are we offering every highly ranked kid? Or are we truly evaluating every offer we have out? Does it de-value our brand doing it this way? I still lean toward i'll send an offer to a kid to gauge his interest, but I can assure you our rivals are recruiting against us using this.

What's the board think?

Might be a stupid question ShortSideOption, but do these offer numbers start to balance out closer to signing day in general? Sure that gap might be there now, but is it not much of a difference as young men and schools start getting the solid commits down? Thanks for the great posts and discussions. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back