• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska must be patient in recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Saw this on ESPN while reading some other things on the B1G blog....and yeah we have had this discussion on this forum in the past year....

"I want to be done now," Els told ESPN.com. "The problem is we aren't going to get a ton of commitments, obviously, until we get kids on campus. And because of our small population base around here, it's hard to get kids to come visit us right away when we're not paying for it. It's expensive."

Nebraska's location makes it challenging for prospects to pay their own way on unofficial visits before their senior years. Els had to interrupt our interview to take a call from a recruit in Texas. The recruit asked about the cost of an air ticket to Nebraska.

The Huskers will gladly pay for recruits to take official visits after the start of their senior year in high school, but the value of the official visit has changed as recruits are committing earlier and earlier.

Much more here: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/76405/nebraska-must-be-patient-in-recruiting

With the trend of earlier commits, I'm seeing this as an increasing disadvantage for us. Unless the NCAA begins allowing earlier OV's...e.g. during spring practice weekends or JR year...we are going to have a smaller pool to choose from. More importantly, those recruits farthest away are the ones most affected and the ones we most need to get to campus to have any shot.

There needs to be a push for the NCAA to allow official visits during their Junior year. Maybe they should just allow a certain number of officials period, let the student decide when to take them.

Things are cylical. Let's not forget how many kids are de-committing at an all-time high.

There needs to be a push for the NCAA to allow official visits during their Junior year. Maybe they should just allow a certain number of officials period, let the student decide when to take them.

I agree....they need to look at when the majority of the class commits and try to gauge if they need to adjust it. Michigan and Ohio St had over half their class done before OV could start, I think that is a problem.

Things are cylical. Let's not forget how many kids are de-committing at an all-time high.

I would argue that is because kids are being pressured to commit earlier, sometimes without seeing campus or having taking the time to think about where they want to be for the next 4 or 5 years.

Seems like only a few hours after reading this we get a new commitment. I can be that patient. :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back