• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska is ranked #26 in the country in ESPN FPI after MSU loss

Just a tidbit... the highest ranked 3 loss team besides us is Tulsa @ #74... so that should give you an idea about how far of an outsider we are with the numbers.

You can look at it 2 different ways... 1. We are tangible improved a great deal over the past few seasons and 2. When you have these types of numbers... there is no reason we should not have a winning record right now.

it seems that you don't think both sides are valid, why else would you stop coming, or does the debating back and forth get to you?

regardless of what is said here.. Frost will do his job and so will Trev. This is a message board, debating/arguing is what is done.. on all of them, not just Nebraska boards.
Both sides have their reasons, I don't visit the football board because it's the same argument week in and week out regardless of the outcome. I don't need to keep reading the same thing every week. Win convincingly this weekend, the narrative changes.

As of last week we literally, literally had the toughest remaining schedule in the entire country

Have you see what Arkansas has left?

They play more than the below, but these are the ranked teams...I'll take ours vs theirs

@ #2 Georgia
@ 12 Ole Miss
#22 Auburn
@ #1 Bama

Also away for LSU who was ranked until this week

I hate rankings like this. We keep losing to good teams, we might be #1 by the end of the year.

Reality is we're 0-2 in conference, currently last place in our division, and we need to win on Saturday. There's now zero room for error if we want a bowl game, and we're almost certainly gonna have to beat a ranked team to get there.

This is kind of like Joel Klatt telling us to hang in there after the OU game. It's like being a loser on a game show. You didn't win, but we're sending you home with these lovely parting gifts.

Texas that.

;)
It’s a start. I would much rather be seen as trending up than down.

Day by day.

I’m down…….NDState has some room. Go Big Red. We are going to win some games!!
What say you:
10/02 Northwestern
10/09 Michigan
10/16 @ Minnesota
10/30 Purdue
11/06 Ohio St.
11/20 @ Wisconsin
11/26 Iowa
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
All wins we just need to steal one more. I for one would be happy to beat any of the remaining four.

I hate rankings like this. We keep losing to good teams, we might be #1 by the end of the year.

Reality is we're 0-2 in conference, currently last place in our division, and we need to win on Saturday. There's now zero room for error if we want a bowl game, and we're almost certainly gonna have to beat a ranked team to get there.
Actually all we have to do is win our division which I said earlier in another thread is very feasible. Then off to the big 10 championship game we go.

Both sides have their reasons, I don't visit the football board because it's the same argument week in and week out regardless of the outcome. I don't need to keep reading the same thing every week. Win convincingly this weekend, the narrative changes.
Win convincingly last week and the narrative changes. Do it this week against northwestern and probably not so much. It’s kind of an expected win.

Win convincingly last week and the narrative changes. Do it this week against northwestern and probably not so much. It’s kind of an expected win.
Well I don't necessarily disagree about last week, this week we are actually favored by 10 points, so l feel if they can win this by at least 2 scores, I think that would calm alot of the angst. Of course, next week will be a bigger challenge, but a good solid win could be a real confidence boost for this team heading into next week.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back