• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska is ranked #26 in the country in ESPN FPI after MSU loss

I’m down…….NDState has some room. Go Big Red. We are going to win some games!!
What say you:
10/02 Northwestern
10/09 Michigan
10/16 @ Minnesota
10/30 Purdue
11/06 Ohio St.
11/20 @ Wisconsin
11/26 Iowa

10/02 = W
10/09 = should win but fail again L
10/16 = W
10/30 = W
11/06 = L
11/20 = L
11/26 = L

Because of the defense we have a chance in every game, and based on that the L games will be close

This is just my take, you don't have to like it.

This season is crazy. It seems as though Alabama is OK, Oregon is OK, Penn State is OK, Georgia is OK, Arkansas is OK, and then who knows. Ohio State and Michigan don't look unbeatable, the texas schools not so much, OK against us wasn't much, UCLA sputtered out.

I'd hate to try to rank them now.

From the website - The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 20,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily. FPI data from seasons prior to 2019 may not be complete.

simply a prediction tool, more than a current ranking ... but sure, science/math bad - Win good.

Weird rankings.

Here's some of the many oddities in the current FPI.

1-2 Wisconsin with the one win over Eastern Michigan is ranked just behind Nebraska at #27
Wisconsin's 2 losses are to two highly ranked ranked teams - Penn State and Notre Dame ... feast or famine ... who knows how good or bad the Badgers are?

Next week they play Michigan in Madison ... The only team I root for less than Michigan is Texas ... but I really really really want to see Wisconsin go 1-3. The following week they play Army who is currently 4-0 with a game against Ball State. Could these Badgers really go 1-4 to start the season? Would make my heart so giddy!

yeah, valid point, but the "I've seen enough" has video after video after video of the same crap over and over again. So, there's that.
I get where both sides are coming from. I just choose to let Frost do his job, and trust that Trev will do his. The constant teeth gnashing even after a win gets old, probably why I hardly visit the football board anymore

I get where both sides are coming from. I just choose to let Frost do his job, and trust that Trev will do his. The constant teeth gnashing even after a win gets old, probably why I hardly visit the football board anymore

it seems that you don't think both sides are valid, why else would you stop coming, or does the debating back and forth get to you?

regardless of what is said here.. Frost will do his job and so will Trev. This is a message board, debating/arguing is what is done.. on all of them, not just Nebraska boards.

I believe we will beat Purdue.

I believe we will lose the rest.
Here’s what gives me hope. We have a solid defense that is really good against the run. Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin can’t throw the ball. Martinez gives us a chance in any game. The Big ten west looks like a pile of dog manure. Honestly there isn’t a quarterback on Martinez’s level in the west. Michigan barely beat Rutgers. These teams aren’t great. They have issues of their own. I don’t know how it will end up but we got a fighting chance.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back