• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Iowa Game Thread (11/27/20)

The movement to get rid of Frost is madness. We got rid of a 9 win coach who had played for a Natty 2 years before. Yes, we did not deserve that game but still...

We got a ---- coach who could recruit well but played not to lose and in the process was so arrogant he tore down history. Most notably ours.

We got a coach who won 9 games a year but probably did not want to be here and definitely overvalued his worth on the open market.

We got a coach who was a nice guy and supposedly recruited well but was soft, soft, soft.

Like it or not, we have Frost. He wanted the job. He is a native son. He is a winner (not here yet but...). Today was a winnable game. He made all the right moves to get us to that point. It is frustrating as hell to lose that way. Our defense looked good today. Our ST have sucked for a long time. Frost had rJr, rFr at QB. Fr and Fr at RB. Soph at RB and Duck. Mostly Fr at WR.

The glaring issue on this team is (and has been for a decade plus) o line.
The glaring issue on this team is (and has been for a decade plus) o line.

Bingo! To the head of the lunch line.

Last edited:

Where I think we get "outcoached" is in the accountability part and this has been happening for quite a while in Bo's later years to now. When a player keeps making the same mistakes, they aren't held accountable. Jurgens for example should be on a super short leash with bad snaps, Farniok had several whiffs and he kept coming out there. If you noticed all of a sudden Jurgens snapped it pretty good in the 2nd half. He is a good blocker. That's my biggest issue on this coaching staff. I'm not talking about pulling after one mistake, but Farniok's footwork is horrible as is his balance and he's not athletic enough to over come any of it. He actually played center better than guard.
Outcoached also when we can't ever seem to score more than once (outside of Illinois garbage time) in the second half.

Last edited:
I agree with the D and limiting fault on AM.

But regarding factual discourse, earlier this week, I posted a long list of how our offense ranks as possibly the worst in the modern era of Nebraska football. And yes, that's on Frost. His calling card is the offense, and if anything it looks worse now than the mediocrity of his first season with Riley players.

No clue if this was a valuable learning experience. Haven't we had a helluva lot of supposed "learning experiences" for years now? The only thing Nebraska had to do in this shortened season was not crap the bed. Outside of Ohio State, there isn't a team we shouldn't have been capable of beating -- if we were coached well. When you are coming off two losing seasons under Frost, this season doesn't get a free pass when it sucks.

It's been over two years since Nebraska last beat a team with a winning record. We've lost 9 of our last 11 games. There's only five Power Five schools with fewer wins than Nebraska since 2017. It is a bad product currently where the concept of "learning experience" is applied to losers.

I'm all for Frost returning next season. But I will be far from alone in expecting a winning season in 2021 if this is to continue.

I wasn't all that pissed about today's game -- but I will not buy into a brighter future until I actually see evidence of it. Through today, Frost is best equated with Bill Jennings. Not Solich, Callahan, Bo, or Riley.

He will have to break .500 in 2021, which isn’t at all unreasonable and I feel certain the staff would feel the same. It’s nothing personal. A state’s flagship school should be winning some games.

He will have to break .500 in 2021, which isn’t at all unreasonable and I feel certain the staff would feel the same. It’s nothing personal. A state’s flagship school should be winning some games.
.500 in 2021 probably isn't happening. We can't beat anyone in the West Division, plus we have to play Oklahoma and Ohio St. Where do the wins come from, other than probably SE Louisiana?

I thought we supposedly hit "rock bottom" three years ago after the Michigan game.

Hell, we haven't stopped free-falling since then.

If the goal is to complain generally because of unhappiness with results, your response is effective. If one is actually trying to fix the problem, you have to identify the specific issues. just saying the coaches suck isn’t that helpful.
1) Please see my previous responses where I detailed the same thing you just said, this was a response to a pointed question.
2) Please note, we are Nebraskan's having open conversation on an internet forum, we will not be "fixing" any problem

1) Please see my previous responses where I detailed the same thing you just said, this was a response to a pointed question.
2) Please note, we are Nebraskan's having open conversation on an internet forum, we will not be "fixing" any problem

Speak for yourself.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back