• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska high school players that are D1 committed

Not sure what's depressing.

The NU staff has watched these guys a lot in the short period of time they've been in Lincoln. They secured 5 of the top 6 prospects (the other 1 committed to Mizzou for a year +) while the others chose to play elsewhere instead of going the juco route.

I can honestly say, I'm a tad worried about 2022 & 2023 in-state recruiting but in the next breath say this staff will catch up. Real soon...

I don't see CJ Hood of Norris on here, who is a Husker commit. He's playing on the Norris state tourney basketball team. 6'5" serious athlete who jumps out of the gym. Bolt is recruiting multi-sport athletes, and Nebraska. Love it.

Saw where Drew Christo is now in the top 50 of national prospects and top 75 in another. Figuring some folks on this board know him and his dad personally, anything pointing towards him going pro?

Saw where Drew Christo is now in the top 50 of national prospects and top 75 in another. Figuring some folks on this board know him and his dad personally, anything pointing towards him going pro?
HBB radio mentioned last weekend, he is probably looking at a 7 figure MLB contract

Last edited:
I don't know the Christos personally or have any inside info. On the surface, there could be some things favoring college. Drew is the epitome of scholar-athlete. Finished 1/329 in his high school class, and got a 35 on his ACT. Now that is impressive. And, the family is fine financially, so there is no short term need for funds. Having said that, if he is projected top couple of rounds and a 7 figure signing bonus, anyone would have to look at that; one could go to college anytime. My guess is he'd have to go really high in the draft, with a bigtime offer, to go pro. That could happen.

Ackos and Sandhills,

Thanks for the response. This will be interesting to follow and am surprised this hasn't been discussed unless I haven't seen it in other posts. I have this visual now from the scene in Moneyball where the scout is talking to his family with a check and Billie Bean having a full ride to Stanford.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back