• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska football: Jalen Hurts could be top transfer target for Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot more that will go into the decision beyond raw running skills. And you are underestimating Gebbia's.
Agree. Gebbia also seems to be the better decision maker while Martinez seems to have playmaking ability. Of course this is based on a scrimmage and nothing more.

Luckily people making millions of dollars are going to make the right decision, not keyboard slingers avoiding household chores.;)

Agree. Gebbia also seems to be the better decision maker while Martinez seems to have playmaking ability. Of course this is based on a scrimmage and nothing more.

Luckily people making millions of dollars are going to make the right decision, not keyboard slingers avoiding household chores.;)

speaking of which....looks like the dog has been making good use of the back yard. I should do something about that. Or not...

JH is a non-issue anyway. No way would he transfer to a program that will be starting a freshman in 2018.

Are you saying true freshman or redshirt freshman? :)

I stand by my impression...AMart is a better athlete than Gebbia. He seems to have instincts that I didn't see in the others. I think, without the shoulder injury/recovery, he's in the drivers seat. The only thing that makes it even a question is whether he's ready physically. Gebbia starts this year? Maybe. Does everyone think he's the future (next 4 years) in this offense? I'll say this...if AMart's shoulder is healed by this fall I think he starts. Its not like he's unseating an experienced veteran with proven skills and a deep understanding of the SF offense. Its a level playing field and IMO AMart is the future.

There's a lot more that will go into the decision beyond raw running skills. And you are underestimating Gebbia's.

Possibly, but if yesterday is a true indication...TG's running is not in the same league as AM's. Now...the scrimmage might be misleading but it wasn't even close imo.

Possibly, but if yesterday is a true indication...TG's running is not in the same league as AM's. Now...the scrimmage might be misleading but it wasn't even close imo.
No it didn't seem to be but Gebbia's lightning quick release and knowledge of the offense was obviously better. Tough choice but its going to be tough to redshirt Martinez . Frost knows what he's doing and will make the best choice for the team and a young QB.

Are you saying true freshman or redshirt freshman? :)

I stand by my impression...AMart is a better athlete than Gebbia. He seems to have instincts that I didn't see in the others. I think, without the shoulder injury/recovery, he's in the drivers seat. The only thing that makes it even a question is whether he's ready physically. Gebbia starts this year? Maybe. Does everyone think he's the future (next 4 years) in this offense? I'll say this...if AMart's shoulder is healed by this fall I think he starts. Its not like he's unseating an experienced veteran with proven skills and a deep understanding of the SF offense. Its a level playing field and IMO AMart is the future.
I feel extremely good about both of these young men.Will have a great (inexperienced)first and second string pair of qb’s.Best in a long while.Jmo.GBR.

My gut tells me SF will roll with the guys that are on campus now and shoot for another star QB on the recruiting trail. If he could play this year I think this is an entirely different conversation.

He is definitely a winner. I’ve watched alot of Alabama football games and it appears to me that they won in spite of Jaylen Hurts. I wouldn’t touch him. Great athlete, but couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. The big plays he did make were with his feet or when he had a receiver running wide-open. He reminds me of Jammal Lord with much better talent around him.

A winner whose team won in spite of him?? That doesn't seem to add up. I know he has had success, but i don't think NU should be interested, if they are.

I have to laugh at this. I had friends tell me the same about running backs at Nebraska through the glory days.

NU certainly had talented IBs during the "glory days". But, other than Ahman, which ones went on to be extremely successful at the next level?? All things considered, i think NU made them look better than they actually were from a talent standpoint most of the time.

I am completely baffled by people on here who are screaming no at a possible Jalen Hurts transfer. The guy has led his team to back to back National Championship games. He's a talented dual threat quarterback who could possibly thrive in the SF offense. You automatically assume he is going to hurt team chemistry, why? I've never heard negative things spoken about the kid. Is it because he played at Alabama that you all assume he's going to not be a good teammate. If bringing in a guy is going to upset or hurt Martinez and Gebbia then heck we better not recruit any high profile qb's for the next three years. You all fawn over every move SF (I do too) makes but somehow if he thinks Hurts would be a good addition to this team then he is wrong about that.

I mean its all probably a moot point as he has many other options including staying at Bama and I can imagine if he seeks to transfer he'll be looking for a waiver to play immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back