• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska football: Jalen Hurts could be top transfer target for Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't see it. He wouldn't be eligible this year. Vedral will be there next year along with a veteran (Gebbia, Martinez or Bunch).

I don't see it. He wouldn't be eligible this year. Vedral will be there next year along with a veteran (Gebbia, Martinez or Bunch).

We have three guys who have never taken a snap. Hurts is the closest thing to a sure thing. You take talent like that and would be poised to win 10+ games in 19. I’ll take a proven talent over potential any day of the week

Last edited:
Yes please. SEC offensive player of the year as a true freshman. As nice as our QB room may seem you'd have to have rocks in your head not to pull out all the stops to get this kid to Lincoln. Not sure how serious he would be about us and the article seems to be speculation but I think Husker nation would be absolutely buzzing if it happened.

Last edited:

We will have no veterans on the roster next year...a one year starter is what we will have. And who knows what that is going to look like. If we need another body...you can't get better than a guy like Hurts.

Seems like a clickbait article. No where is it mentioned that NU has interest in him or that he has interest in NU.

He is definitely a winner. I’ve watched alot of Alabama football games and it appears to me that they won in spite of Jaylen Hurts. I wouldn’t touch him. Great athlete, but couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. The big plays he did make were with his feet or when he had a receiver running wide-open. He reminds me of Jammal Lord with much better talent around him.

He is definitely a winner. I’ve watched alot of Alabama football games and it appears to me that they won in spite of Jaylen Hurts. I wouldn’t touch him. Great athlete, but couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. The big plays he did make were with his feet or when he had a receiver running wide-open. He reminds me of Jammal Lord with much better talent around him.

What are you smoking. JL was a 48% career passer with 18 touchdowns to 22 interceptions. You are blaming this on lack of talent around him?

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Jalen Hurts 154 254 2081 60.6 8.19 17 1 150.7 2017 season
Jalen Hurts 240 382 2780 62.8 7.28 23 9 139.1 2016 season

Jamal Lords Career Numbers

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT
194 404 2,783 48.0 18 22

Last edited:
He is definitely a winner. I’ve watched alot of Alabama football games and it appears to me that they won in spite of Jaylen Hurts. I wouldn’t touch him. Great athlete , but couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. The big plays he did make were with his feet or when he had a receiver running wide-open. He reminds me of Jammal Lord with much better talent around him.
Thats messed up right there. This kid, if he leaves Bama, will start day 1 on all but a handful of teams in the country. Say what you will about his passing (career 62% completion rate and 145 QB rating) but the kid accounted for 61 touchdowns in two years....good for first all time for a career at Bama. Second most rushing yards by a QB at Bama...in two years. This sense that our QB room is so loaded as to not want to take a chance (LOL) on a guy like JH is super coolaid. The only thing holding JH back is that Saban grabbed the best dual threat QB in the country and is going with him.

Last edited:
Thats messed up right there. This kid, if he leaves Bama, will start day 1 on all but a handful of teams in the country. Say what you will about his passing (career 62% completion rate and 145 QB rating) but the kid accounted for 61 touchdowns in two years....good for first all time for a career at Bama. Second most rushing yards by a QB at Bama...in two years. This sense that our QB room is so loaded as to not want to take a chance (LOL) on a guy like JH is super coolaid. The only thing holding JH back is that Saban grabbed the best dual threat QB in the country and is going with him.
Watch the separation Alabama receivers get versus Nebraska’s receiving corps under Lord. There’s a reason Hurts was pulled from the championship game. His previous game against Auburn was even worse.

Last edited:
What are you smoking. JL was a 48% career passer with 18 touchdowns to 22 interceptions. You are blaming this on lack of talent around him?

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Jalen Hurts 154 254 2081 60.6 8.19 17 1 150.7 2017 season
Jalen Hurts 240 382 2780 62.8 7.28 23 9 139.1 2016 season

Jamal Lords Career Numbers

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT
194 404 2,783 48.0 18 22
Hurts is throwing to first round draft picks, had a first round tight end the year before last, lines up behind an all American offense line, and can hand off to all American running back’s. Also was being coached up by what many consider one of the best in the business in Lane Kiffin. So to answer you question, yes I would say he has a lot better talent than Lord had around him and that just might mask his issues. You can disagree with my opinion but the talent differential cannot be disputed. I stand by my opinion, he’s a running back playing quarterback.

Don’t want this guy at all. I was never impressed with him. Looks like an athlete playing quarterback. I don’t think we will see athletes playing quarterback under Frost. I believe we will have quarterbacks that are athletic. I keep laughing at the people who expect too see our quarterback running around like Tommy Armstrong or Taylor Martinez. Milton and Marriott are totally different than those two.

Watch the separation Alabama receivers get versus Nebraska’s receiving corps under Lord. There’s a reason Hurts was pulled from the championship game. His previous game against Auburn was even worse.
You mention 2 games lol what about the national championship game against Clemson. The guy is a winner and better than every other QB on our roster currently
Why no? Lol stop it
Don’t want this guy at all. I was never impressed with him. Looks like an athlete playing quarterback. I don’t think we will see athletes playing quarterback under Frost. I believe we will have quarterbacks that are athletic. I keep laughing at the people who expect too see our quarterback running around like Tommy Armstrong or Taylor Martinez. Milton and Marriott are totally different than those two.
Huskers have a QB better on the current roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back