• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Colorado 1994 - penalties?

BigRedOhio

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
BTN re-played this game the other night. I remember watching that game in my college apartment with all of my friends. Great day!

What struck me was how many plays I saw in that game that would be deemed as penalties in today's game. The game has completely changed. I saw at least 20 things in that game that would be considered a 15 yard penalty today. None of which were aggregeous, but with today's ticky tack officiating, that game would have been unwatchable with today's rules. The physicality is completely gone.

BTN re-played this game the other night. I remember watching that game in my college apartment with all of my friends. Great day!

What struck me was how many plays I saw in that game that would be deemed as penalties in today's game. The game has completely changed. I saw at least 20 things in that game that would be considered a 15 yard penalty today. None of which were aggregeous, but with today's ticky tack officiating, that game would have been unwatchable with today's rules. The physicality is completely gone.

Agree.

Pure Wimbledon.

There's been some good rule changes to upgrade player safety imo. However it's now getting to a point where it's over kill and I think the game is suffering. Next stop is probably flag football at least for the QB's. It's not the kids playing either because if they were afraid of violent contact they would have chosen another sport.

Last edited:
Imo., it's kind of like the peolple who purchase a home next to an active airport and then complain about the noise, or purchase a house next to an interstate and complain about the traffic noise.

If the threat and violence of the game is something you aren't comfortable with (parents and/or kids), don't play.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back