• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska - Bowl Game Motivation

What will be the motivation for the Huskers to win the Gator Bowl?

• Playing for their HC (Bo)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Revenge for last year's bowl

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • BIG vs SEC

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 9 win season

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Playng for themselves (pride)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Playing for the fans (Great State of Nebraska)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • They won't be motivated

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
There are lots of ways a team can be motivated to play their absolute best. This year it is not clear what will motivate our Huskers. What do you think?

How about Pelini tells the players that if they win against Georgia that they can trade in their lackluster bowl game gifts from the Gator Bowl for cold hard cash?!! I bet the Huskers would win by 17 points, have zero turnovers, zero penalties, and zero missed tackles. Just look at those gifts. Come on Pelini...the players will love you for it!!

Fossil watch
Dome hat
Mercury Luggage Seward Trunk luggage set
football
Jostens ring

Last edited:
Extrinsic motivation is all fine and dandy, but it tends to wear off eventually. True motivation, IMO, must be intrinsic.

In other words:
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

The rewards that come with winning football games should be appreciated, but I hope that most of our players are playing because they enjoy the game of football.

Extrinsic motivation is all fine and dandy, but it tends to wear off eventually. True motivation, IMO, must be intrinsic.

In other words:
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

The rewards that come with winning football games should be appreciated, but I hope that most of our players are playing because they enjoy the game of football.

Very esoteric of you...I like it!

Abdullah was quoted as saying they had motivation for what it would mean to the program at this time and as a start to next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back