• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska basketball lands Arizona State transfer Alonzo Verge Jr.

Verge played in 51 games with 30 starts during his two seasons at Arizona State, averaging 14.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 2.9 assists while playing 28.1 minutes per game for his career........................He also averaged 3.8 assists and shot 33.3 percent from 3-point range, improving his 29-percent clip from behind the arc as a junior. Verge was 39.1 percent from the field and 80.9 percent from the free-throw line in '20-21.

Nebraska's primary point guard options for 2021-22 now include Verge, Trey McGowens, Kobe Webster, Bryce McGowens, and Quaran McPherson.

What a great get!

I hope this team can find the chemistry to gel quickly -- because there's plenty of talent available. That's what coaching (and practice) is for.

I specifically remember reading about this insane anomaly when it happened.

Verge ... had one of the wildest games of the year in 2019-20, when he came off the bench to score 43 points against Saint Mary's. Arizona State lost that game 96-56 as Verge went 18-for-29 from the field while his teammates shot just 5-for-35.

The Chicago native is one of just six players to score 40-plus points in a game off the bench since the 2010-11 season, and the only Power Five player to do so.

Last edited:
oh yeah GIF

Hoiberg man-crush initiated.

I actually heard a guy criticizing Hoiberg the other day while talking to someone else. All I could do was shake my head and walk away.

With the effort the team was playing with at the end of the season, coupled with the talent that has been brought in this offseason, it's hard not to be optimistic that this could be a great season for Nebrasketball (if we can make some dang free throws).

It has just been a consistent stream of good news lately for the basketball program. I wish I felt the same about football but it just seems like they are on two entirely different trajectories. Add in baseball and their is plenty to feel good about on two out of the three major men's sports.
Really nice job of inserting negativity for the football team into a positive story on the basketball team. Well done on the agenda docket.

With the effort the team was playing with at the end of the season, coupled with the talent that has been brought in this offseason, it's hard not to be optimistic that this could be a great season for Nebrasketball (if we can make some dang free throws).
Yup. Hoiberg has the talent. Now it becomes managing the egos and getting them to play together within the system. Only one ball. I think winning early can help develop roles.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back