• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska basketball hires Ernie Zeigler as assistant coach

It's Official!!! Welcome Coach Zeigler!!! :Welcome2:

Looks to be a Good Hire!

Excerpts from the article posted above by 'Shadow'.

“When I began looking at candidates, Ernie checked all the boxes that we were looking for,” Hoiberg said in a statement. “He has a proven track record in player development and has helped build several successful programs in power conferences. He also has the experience of running his own program for several years. Ernie is also an outstanding recruiter who has extensive ties in the Big Ten region. I think he is a good fit with staff we have in place, and I am excited to have him join our program.”

Zeigler was a driving force in Mississippi State’s frontcourt development with the recruitment of Abdul Ado, an ESPN top 100 player. Ado, a 2020-21 All-SEC Defensive Team pick, finished his MSU career tied for second place on the program’s blocks list. Zeigler helped the Bulldogs recruit three classes in the top 25 nationally by 247Sports, including the nation’s No. 10 class in 2016. During his MSU tenure, four players, Reggie Perry, Craig Sword, Quinndary Weatherspoon and Robert Woodard II, reached the NBA

Press Conference: Starts @ 16:22 mark (counting DOWN from about !8 mins) so skip ahead (or be patient :Lol: )

Last edited:
Welcome, Sir! I believe that this BB year in mid-season, Trev's gonna need to come up with another outstanding, stellar speech to help show Fred the door! Down the road, after this year's BB games are mid-season or over, Trev's gonna need to come up with a third great speech to help Will close the door on his NU BB tenure.

Welcome, Sir! I believe that this BB year in mid-season, Trev's gonna need to come up with another outstanding, stellar speech to help show Fred the door! Down the road, after this year's BB games are mid-season or over, Trev's gonna need to come up with a third great speech to help Will close the door on his NU BB tenure.
So after year one Will Bolt is the next great baseball coach and after a down year two he is going to be let go midway through his third season?

So after year one Will Bolt is the next great baseball coach and after a down year two he is going to be let go midway through his third season?
I PERSONALLY LIKE WB! I think Fred would be a guy that we could have a beer with. History is important but history primarily as a recruiting tool to bring on either alumni or, folks' relatives having a connection to NU (FH's dad or grandfather) is understandable but NOSTALGIA goes only so far! It doesn't win games, period.

I PERSONALLY LIKE WB! I think Fred would be a guy that we could have a beer with. History is important but history primarily as a recruiting tool to bring on either alumni or, folks' relatives having a connection to NU (FH's dad or grandfather) is understandable but NOSTALGIA goes only so far! It doesn't win games, period.
I am not disagreeing with you on Fred at all, I am disagreeing that WB went from year one as a coach that did great to struggling in year two and being fired in year 3 halfway through. I just don't see it, we will have to see how the season starts and if pitching improves. I just don't see him being fired in year three or that he even should be at this point.

We're off to a Good Start, Defeating Maine in the Season Opener, with new assistant coaches, Zeigler, Tommy & Howard.

Keep it UP!!! :Cheer2::Cheer2: :Cheer2:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back