• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska basketball activities paused. (No games vs Il, Md, MN, IA, PSU). Team back @ Practice!

Geez... of all the people at UNL I didn't want to see get sick, Fred Hoiberg was number one. Hope he gets better soon. Open heart surgery and COVID-19 are supposed to be a bad combo.

Lots of good info in this article re: remaining MBB Season!

But while the situation has been an absolute mess for Nebraska, there is some good news.

HuskerOnline.com was told that all NU's positive players are expected to be cleared to return by the end of this week. Several Huskers have already been getting individual work in this week.

HOL has also heard that Hoiberg has recovered as well as could be expected and was even able to return to the basketball offices this week.

As it stands, the Big Ten is expected to hold its conference tournament as scheduled from March 10-14.

That means Nebraska will likely have to play 14/15 games over just 31 days before likely playing in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament, which reportedly could be moved from Chicago to Indianapolis.

In other words, buckle up.
/QUOTE]

Last edited:
HOL has also heard that Hoiberg has recovered as well as could be expected and was even able to return to the basketball offices this week.

Jeez, that sounds somewhat ominous for a guy who had open heart surgery and has a pacemaker. Kind of like "we're excited that Fred is out of bed, using a walker, and annoying the nurses at the hospital for the remote so he can watch SportsCenter". PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS AN ACTUAL QUOTE, I KNOW NOTHING.

Jeez, that sounds somewhat ominous for a guy who had open heart surgery and has a pacemaker. Kind of like "we're excited that Fred is out of bed, using a walker, and annoying the nurses at the hospital for the remote so he can watch SportsCenter". PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS AN ACTUAL QUOTE, I KNOW NOTHING.

Yeah, It doesn't sound good (or as good as I'd like) but I'm sure he is getting the best medical care available. At least he is able to return to the Basketball offices.
1610473690934.png

Last edited:

Lots of good info in this article re: remaining MBB Season!

I would hope the Nebraska basketball office has better sense than to agree to play 15 games in 31 days. When combined with traveling, if Covid didn't kill anyone, this schedule just might. Not even the NBA does this. Big 10, you need to look out for the safety and health of your student athletes. (supposedly that was the reason for all the delays and shuffling of schedules for athletic teams, right Big 10?)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back