• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska baseball finishes 9th in the country for average attendance

4,426 per game at haymarket. Not bad considering the weather we had and coming off a poor 2018. 6 SEC teams, Texas, and Louisiana-Lafayette are ahead of us. Conversely, we averaged more than Florida, TCU, Clemson, Florida State, Kentucky, among others.

This also makes me think it’s more than just attendance to become a profit generator for us.

Last edited:
This also makes me think it’s more than just attendance to become a profit generator for us.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... Alcohol. Baseball and beer go together like my teeth on a piece of bacon. If you're winning? Celebrate by having a beer! If you're losing? Drown your sorrows by having a beer! Charge $10 per beer in one of those commemorative cups. Go ahead and use the leftover cups from last year's football season and see if anyone notices. We'll be rolling in the dough in no time.

You're welcome, Bill Moos, now get your Haymarket house in order!

4,426 per game at haymarket. Not bad considering the weather we had and coming off a poor 2018. 6 SEC teams, Texas, and Louisiana-Lafayette are ahead of us. Conversely, we averaged more than Florida, TCU, Clemson, Florida State, Kentucky, among others.

This is awesome. :Banana:

As someone said, we are the San Diego of the B1G.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... Alcohol. Baseball and beer go together like my teeth on a piece of bacon. If you're winning? Celebrate by having a beer! If you're losing? Drown your sorrows by having a beer! Charge $10 per beer in one of those commemorative cups. Go ahead and use the leftover cups from last year's football season and see if anyone notices. We'll be rolling in the dough in no time.

I think alcohol would help, but the issue again comes into play that unlike Memorial Stadium, we don't get to keep concessions, etc. Since we split it with the city and the Saltdogs, I think everyone gets only a cut of it instead of 100%.

But I think alcohol could certainly help get even more butts in the stands.

Do they sell beer at the Saltdog games? If so, does NU get a cut?
That's a really good point. They do, and I would assume Nebraska does not, only the city. Conversely, if Nebraska sold alcohol, Saltdogs probably wouldn't get a cut but the city still would. So the percentage is still in play of not getting full share of it, but we aren't maximizing. Especially when you consider the taps and everything needed are already in place.

Last edited:
So it's not a 3 way split but the city makes sure they get a cut. Why does that not surprise me? :Rolleyes:
I don't know the answer but who pays for upkeep and was public funding used in any part for construction, tax breaks, or maintenance. Since the city is getting their cut I am assuming the answer is that public funding was involved in Haymarket Park.

$10.00??? Really? Leftover cups? Really? We? Really? :Rolf:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back