• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame

Wow, Brown and Glover are way past due! Congrats to them!

They started this just two or three years ago. Since there's already a Nebraska Football Hall of Fame, it seems a little redundant for the football guys. But it does give the stars in the other sports some recognition that doesn't often come their way.

are in the Nebraska Hall of Fame finally.

I have to ask, what took so long?

The Nebraska Hall of Fame has only been around since 2015.

Below is the inaugural class:
The distinguished student-athletes who make up Nebraska Athletics’ inaugural Hall of Fame class include: Steve Friesen (men’s golf); Alex Gordon (baseball); Charlie Greene (men’s track and field); Jim Hartung (men’s gymnastics); Penny Heyns (women’s swimming and diving); Karen Jennings (women’s basketball); Steve Jung (men’s tennis); Joe Kirby (men’s cross country); Christine Latham (soccer); Liz (Mooney) Shaffer (women’s tennis); Eric Piatkowski (men’s basketball); Adam Pine (men’s swimming and diving); Shannon Pluhowsky (bowling); Merlene Ottey (women’s track and field); Dave Rimington (football); Sarah Sasse-Kildow (women’s golf); Bill Scherr (wrestling); Richelle Simpson (women’s gymnastics); Lori Sippel (softball); Fran (ten Bensel) Benne (women’s cross country); Amanda (Trujillo) Scrivner (rifle); and Allison Weston (volleyball).
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209966722

The Class of 2016:
The seven members of the 2016 Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame class include: Heather Brink (women’s gymnastics); Phil Cahoy (men’s gymnastics); Janet (Kruse) Sellon (volleyball); Nicola Martial (women’s track and field); Nancy (Meendering) Metcalf (volleyball); Johnny Rodgers (football); and Will Shields (football).
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210886689

So for football, the inductees started with:
Dave Rimington (2015)
Johnny Rodgers (2016)
Will Shields (2016)
Bob Brown (2017)
Rich Glover (2017)

Last edited:
Duplicate due to a merging of threads.

Carry on with your locally scheduled program.

Last edited:
I saw my first Husker game in 1945. In the intervening 72yrs. Bob Brown is, in my opinion, the best football player to wear a Nebraska jersey. Very intelligent and a superior athlete, he just dominated the line on both sides of the ball in the one platoon era of the early 60's. He was a mediocre player until Devaney arrived but Bob really got him going.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back