• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Athletic Performance Lab. How effective is it?

I’m not even real clear on what the NAPL even does. Bo didn’t use it, Riley wasn’t here long enough to use it and no clue if Frost is using it now.

Since we really don't know exactly how and/or if it is even utilized by the football program?

My guess (and that's what it is ) would be....it's not very effective at all?

There are posters on this board who are supposedly close to the program, especially the S&C program, perhaps they could let us know?

This is the CB3 website. This is the academic side of the East Stadium expansion/partnership.

This is the NAPL page. That is part of the AD.

Part of that link includes info on the new salivary biomarker lab.

If anything of real substance comes from the NAPL that relates directly to football, concussion research and potential markers/tests for traumatic brain injury would be one. Biomechanics is another.

Part of the mission statement from the NAPL link:

• Focused on student-athlete health, safety and welfare, the Nebraska Athletic Performance Laboratory houses cutting-edge technology, including a motion-analysis system, force plates, metabolic testing, IDXA scanner (considered the “gold standard” in body composition testing), research-grade ultrasound and bioscience laboratory

Last edited:
It’s a research facility, not a “team use” facility. Nor is it specific to football.
Thanks, I didn't think it was specific to football, I just wondered how integral NU athletics were to the research. Still have to wonder how the results of the research going on there are implemented by our teams, if at all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back