• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska at Purdue Gameday Weather Forecast -- Friday Update on Page 2, Post #27

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
11AM CST/Noon kickoff in West Lafayette, IN

Another easy weather forecast.

No crazy weather. Just a really nice December day for football on the Purdue campus.

Morning low in the mid 20s. Afternoon high in the low-to-mid 40s.

Partly cloudy to mostly sunny skies.

Wind around 10 MPH.

No chance of precipitation.

I'll update in a couple days just to make certain this is on track.

No crazy weather. Just a really nice December day for football on the Purdue campus.

Wind around 10 MPH.

Thanks again HWM.Highs in the forties is to rough for this old man.keep the faith.GBR.

Thanks again HWM.Highs in the forties is to rough for this old man.keep the faith.GBR.

I can't tolerate either any longer. I was discussing a bit ago with a friend how when I lived in Minneapolis, if the temperature got above 30 in early-spring, I was outside in a t-shirt and shorts playing basketball -- with snow melting on the court. Now in Austin, if it drops below 60, I can't function. :Lol:

Wind around 10 MPH.

I don't know if there is ever a nice day for football on the Purdue campus.

I can't tolerate either any longer. I was discussing a bit ago with a friend how when I lived in Minneapolis, if the temperature got above 30 in early-spring, I was outside in a t-shirt and shorts playing basketball -- with snow melting on the court. Now in Austin, if it drops below 60, I can't function. :Lol:
Passionately hated cold as a kid in Kearney and still do. Anything below about 55 is cold. No surprise I live in Florida.

Passionately hated cold as a kid in Kearney and still do. Anything below about 55 is cold. No surprise I live in Florida.

I think the term "cold" is relative. I don't seasonal cold, but cold down in NC means lows at night in the upper 20s to 30, and highs around 50. That is probably a heat wave in Nebraska.

Accustom. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls. In the winter time, way below zero but tolerate.

Present time: Annual trip from Norman to Sioux Falls during Christmas time (my sibling lives in SF). Now FREEZE TO DEATH in South Dakota environment. Outside venue, non-stop shivering and joints lock up .... I'm serious. No way tolerate!

However, I miss snowmobile events, sledding, outside ice rink, walking in snowfall, fresh air, etc. etc.

Last edited:
one day in late 1987 we were preparing to go to the Devaney Center for a Husker bball game. Forecast was for 6-9" of snow during the game. Moved to South Carolina the next year, now savannah, GA. hardly ever see a snow here but did get a frost last night that killed some of our flowers.

Lived in Fairbanks, AK for 8 yrs. during pipeline. School wasn't cancelled until it hit 50 below. The week we moved from apartment to house, it was 50 below and colder everyday. Got so adjusted, people would walk around in light coats hanging open during 30 below weather. Like previous poster said, it's relative.

Accustom. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls. In the winter time, way below zero but tolerate.

Present time: Annual trip from Norman to Sioux Falls during Christmas time (my sibling lives in SF). Now FREEZE TO DEATH in South Dakota environment. Outside venue, non-stop shivering and joints lock up .... I'm serious. No way tolerate!

However, I miss snowmobile events, sledding, outside ice rink, walking in snowfall, fresh air, etc. etc.

I definitely reminisce about my times growing up in Lincoln, and the fun I had in the winter.

But once you get away from that, your perspective changes -- and your body adjusts. I personally prefer the low maintenance aspect of mild winters -- and more time gained as a result. Winter is time and effort up North. More layers of clothes to put on, scrape the windshield, warm up the car, shovel the walks and driveways, longer to drive places when the roads are bad, etc.

I'll say this, though ... Nebraska winters are not nearly as extreme as Minnesota winters. I really don't know how I survived a few of those after graduating UNL and moving to the Twin Cities. I can remember the frequent drives I'd take to visit family and friends back in Lincoln ... especially springtime, driving back after my visit ... I-80 to I-35 in Des Moines ... heading north ... reaching the MN-IA border -- and all of a sudden around Albert Lea, MN it became a frozen hell for the rest of my drive to MSP. When I left Lincoln, spring flowers were in bloom, grass was starting to green .. .then boom, welcome to winter in Minnesota!

one day in late 1987 we were preparing to go to the Devaney Center for a Husker bball game. Forecast was for 6-9" of snow during the game. Moved to South Carolina the next year, now savannah, GA. hardly ever see a snow here but did get a frost last night that killed some of our flowers.

I'm certain I was at the game, as I lived in Harper Hall in '87, and walked over to the BDSC for every game.

Lived in Fairbanks, AK for 8 yrs. during pipeline. School wasn't cancelled until it hit 50 below. The week we moved from apartment to house, it was 50 below and colder everyday. Got so adjusted, people would walk around in light coats hanging open during 30 below weather. Like previous poster said, it's relative.
I bet first year in Fairbanks temperature, freeze to death. Second year, no problem .... tolerate weather. Right?

Anyway, Anchorage temperature was completely different than Fairbanks. Occasionally I looked up Anchorage temp in winter time ... pretty much equal OKC temp. I think ocean breeze.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back