• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska at Maryland Gameday Weather Forecast -- Saturday AM Update, Page two, Post #25

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
2:30PM CST/3:30 PM EST kickoff in College Park, MD.

I'll be brief for now and will expand (the forecast, not myself personally) in a couple days.

We are looking at a chance for rain on Saturday. Probably better than 50/50 -- though there is at least an outside chance the rain stays south. The chances are greater the first half of Saturday than the second half -- but too soon to pin it down to a more specific time frame. For now, I'll just say rain could be an issue.

Likely mostly cloudy to overcast skies. If overcast, temperatures may not get out of the 40s Saturday afternoon in College Park. That said, this isn't a wintry type of cold. If there is precipitation, it would be rain. But rain in the 40s is not pleasant.

Again, this forecast needs some serious fine tuning, so check back midweek.

I'll be brief for now and will expand (the forecast, not myself personally) in a couple days.

We are looking at a chance for rain on Saturday. Probably better than 50/50 -- though there is at least an outside chance the rain stays south. The chances are greater the first half of Saturday than the second half -- but too soon to pin it down to a more specific time frame. For now, I'll just say rain could be an issue.

Likely mostly cloudy to overcast skies. If overcast, temperatures may not get out of the 40s Saturday afternoon in College Park. That said, this isn't a wintry type of cold. If there is precipitation, it would be rain. But rain in the 40s is not pleasant.

Pal I hope you expand the husker season beyond November too!

You have done great all season HWM. I have no doubts you will work it out.Lol.Keep the faith.GBR.

Quick update:

It's approaching a 100% chance of rain on Saturday. No less than 80% (if you want a number attached). Now -- the question is the exact timing. And how much it will impact the game. For now, I'll just say it's a greater than 50% chance it will rain at some point during the game. Obviously, more fine tuning to this forecast is needed -- but the trend is wetter.

Quick update:

It's approaching a 100% chance of rain on Saturday. No less than 80% (if you want a number attached). Now -- the question is the exact timing. And how much it will impact the game. For now, I'll just say it's a greater than 50% chance it will rain at some point during the game. Obviously, more fine tuning to this forecast is needed -- but the trend is wetter.
Any chance you can qualify it a bit? When you say greater than 50% during the game. Are we talking drizzle? Downpour? Just trying to plan my attire.

Going to be unpleasant in the stands, especially after halftime with the sun down and the temperatures dropping.

Any chance you can qualify it a bit? When you say greater than 50% during the game. Are we talking drizzle? Downpour? Just trying to plan my attire.

More than drizzle. But as mentioned, I need to fine tune this more.

You'll probably want to bring rain gear.

Last edited:

Thank you all the local guys are only saying late Saturday it will rain. Late can mean late afternoon 5-7. or late night 10-11. So this def helps.

I have not gone through the weather models since last night. As of last night, both major models had rain in their during the afternoon -- but they have gone through frequent changes to the timing. Thus is why I need to fine tune this, as no meteorologist -- not even your local guys -- would be able to pin down the timing with high confidence at this point. They have to say something -- but with a *subject to change.

Last edited:
Thanks Weatherman. Im coming in from Arizona and I think Im going to plan on a Noah's Ark type event. At least that way I'll be dry for the game and if it goes bad, the turtle fans won't see my tears under my poncho.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back