• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska’s Adjusted Recruiting Class Rankings

I think you may be so invested in debunking "this horrendous exercise" that you missed the point. I suggested that if you have a 20th ranked recruiting class, but a third to half of them leave, your class is probably no longer deserving of the ranking of 20 since the talent that "earned" the ranking left the team. I think that is self-evident. But perhaps I am missing something.

Your beef seems to be about the methodology of measuring how far the ranking would fall. For what its worth, if one was going to attempt this exercise, then yes, it would be necessary to adjust Oklahoma's 2018 ranking. In addition, you would have to do every teams "attrition ranking" with the same methodology and then see how the numbers fall. This whole thing is of course a mostly meaningless exercise/ But, it is the off season. We have time.
I think some sites only score 20 players, so if you have 25 and lose 5, you only lose points if is player 1-20 and nothing if it is 21-25. And then it is the difference in ranking. If you have 20 and lose 2, then you lose all the points and it is a much bigger hit.

That would also have to be considered in scoring for every team, if not done above. I would bet in the above, they just scrubbed all the points and it isnt even accurate to start with as they would then need tonfillnguys back in.

And I think the staff would even tell you that. It's all good, we will get where we want, but don't tell me we had worse talent than Indiana, Purdue, or Colorado.
Exactly!! We completely underperformed, it is nobody's fault but the team, coaches and players alike. When you underperform it will certainly affect your recruiting as well, which has been my point since the early loss to Colorado and the blow out to OSU.

Entire roster. For example, we have more four stars redshirting than Minnesota, Indiana, or Purdue have on their entire roster.

Wow, this is something I didn't realize. The light at the end of the rebuild tunnel just got a little brighter.

Wow, this is something I didn't realize. The light at the end of the rebuild tunnel just got a little brighter.
Ya, depends how you look at it. We als had as many four stars play this year as those teams combined have on their roster (we played 14, and Indiana, Pudue, and Minnesota had 14 total on the roster) yet we still got beat.

Ya, depends how you look at it. We als had as many four stars play this year as those teams combined have on their roster (we played 14, and Indiana, Pudue, and Minnesota had 14 total on the roster) yet we still got beat.
I'm sick of star ratings. Effort, heart and intelligence play an over-sized role in development and the recruiting sites haven't figured out a way to measure those attributes.

Oh man with Legrone & Hunt in the xfer portal our 2018 class ranking may have dropped into the hundreds...:Facepalm:;)

The reality is that we haven't developed players well for years now. S&C's been a debacle since pretty much Solich (and it was part of his struggles as well ... anyone remember athletic pubalgia?), and we've had depth problems and holes forever pretty much.

Systems mean something to talent as much as talent means something to the system. A guy like Manziel's a Heisman winner in the right system in college, but a 3rd string backup in a WCO, for instance. A spread system is great with the right QB, but terrible with the wrong one, etc., etc. We've switched systems so many times that the kids didn't know what they were going and we've got holes in the roster still.

We've recruited good enough to be competitive, no doubt, but what we really need are the right guys who are ready to play and to fill holes with competent players so that we minimize the gaps. Do that and we have a chance to be a pretty decent team next year even.

If there's one thing I took as a positive this year (more than anything else Frost said), it was his talk about the quality of the Friday practices where the RS's and lower depth chart guys were playing. They've improved and that's where the future of the team is right now.

It doesn't matter.

EDIT: In case anyone still thinks it does... Michigan ended up dead last in the 2015 class in the B1G with attrition and 124th nationally.
I get that, but what I want to know is where does their 2016 and 2017 class currently rank. You're pointing to their Senior class which for any team should have the most attrition. I just find it hard to believe Michigan's adjusted rankings for their Junior and Sophomore class would be as drastic.

I get that, but what I want to know is where does their 2016 and 2017 class currently rank. You're pointing to their Senior class which for any team should have the most attrition. I just find it hard to believe Michigan's adjusted rankings for their Junior and Sophomore class would be as drastic.
Agree, no ones sophomore or junior classes are as drastic as their senior classes for people leaving, there's less years.

But you're missing the overall point... adjusted singular classes due to attrition and not doing it for every team matters as much as a WNBA regular season game.

Again, go to overall team talent rankings based on all classes with kids that are still there. Nebraska is still top 25.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back