• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEB VS NMS - Tuesday - 3/15/22 - HAWKS FIELD - Game 1 of 2 - 6:35 pm Ctrl

You guys are way too greedy! Lol

We won the damn game 12 to 6!!

The guys at the end did not step up but they got some experience and maybe something was seen that they can work to improve upon.

And I don’t think this hurts anybody’s psyche except maybe those last 3 pitchers.

The rest of the team is totally exuberant and is saying to themselves I did my job!

And our starter was huge tonight. Beyond huge!

And we played error free and hit in the clutch!
I stopped, where you said it would only hurt the last 3 pitcher's psyche. You think that is ok? That is 3 too many pitchers losing confidence.
Sorry, John, Will went way too far, bringing in kids with no experience. His luck ran out, when he brought in the newbies.

I am happy for Dawson and the team. Don't get me wrong on that. I just think, he tends to over coach too often.

They’re definitely not out dueling them.

These aren’t even close.
That is what I am talking about. They did not look like they were doing anything but throwing balls out of the zone. I would have pulled, not to embarrass them further. Totally out of sync, pull them, period!

You guys are way too greedy! Lol

We won the damn game 12 to 6!!

The guys at the end did not step up but they got some experience and maybe something was seen that they can work to improve upon.

And I don’t think this hurts anybody’s psyche except maybe those last 3 pitchers.

The rest of the team is totally exuberant and is saying to themselves I did my job!

And our starter was huge tonight. Beyond huge!

And we played error free and hit in the clutch!
I mean, there IS a reason that these guys are coming in late to a 12-0 game. No, we don’t wanna give up ANY runs and, geez, SIX walks, but the win is in and in no way is a coaching embarrassment. How about the first eight innings?

GBR!!

@CrnhskrBob I see your point and agree somewhat but We don’t really know what the status of those three kids are. If they are considered just fillers on the team…or the future. And a kid can only see where he truly stands against actual competition

And these kids are all pitchers who have to learn at some point that “Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you.” and develop a tough skin.

They can’t do that from the bench.

Last edited:
We all have brothers, sons, friends, selves who have gotten unsorted on the hill, right? It’s pretty miserable for them and their fan base, no doubt. It was a rugged ninth, but hang in young men, keep working and be ready to contribute. We’ll be in your corner. GBR!

We all have brothers, sons, friends, selves who have gotten unsorted on the hill, right?
I was a catcher…Lol

I will never forget the game where I had three passed balls that were nobody’s fault but mine.

Threw the ball 10 feet over the 3rd baseman’s head on a steal.

And made a diving catch at the backstop on a very high pop foul…slamming into the screen….only to have the ball fall out of my glove as I hit the ground.

AND go 0-4 at the plate.

and somehow we still managed to squeak out a win.

I was so embarrassed and upset with myself I refused to ride the team bus home and walked the 4 miles to our high school and locker room.

My head coach was patiently waiting for me. The place was deserted…everyone else had showered and gone home.

He didn’t chew me out. Said he appreciated my intensity and holding myself accountable and just told me a line that has stuck with me my whole life. “John, it’s baseball. Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you!”

Next game I was three for four at bat and perfect behind the plate and to top it off I threw out the fastest kid in the county stealing second base. He was totally shocked. And I have to admit, so was I. :)

Last edited:
I understand the kids need experience. But, when they simply could not find the plate, it was time to pull the plug. He left each pitcher who was struggling in way too long, period. They had absolutely nothing to offer. It was torture to watch.
Well, it is done. Maybe next time, he will think about shortening the leash. See u all soon.

I was a catcher…Lol

I will never forget the game where I had three passed balls that were nobody’s fault but mine.

Threw the ball 10 feet over the 3rd baseman’s head on a steal.

And made a diving catch at the backstop on a very high pop foul…slamming into the screen….only to have the ball fall out of my glove as I hit the ground.

AND go 0-4 at the plate.

and somehow we still managed to squeak out a win.

I was so embarrassed and upset with myself I refused to ride the team bus home and walked the 4 miles to our high school and locker room.

My head coach was patiently waiting for me. The place was deserted…everyone else had showered and gone home.

He didn’t chew me out. Said he appreciated my intensity and holding myself accountable and just told me a line that has stuck with me my whole life. “John, it’s baseball. Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you!”

Next game I was three for four at bat and perfect behind the plate and to top it off I threw out the fastest kid in the county stealing second base. He was totally shocked. And I have to admit, so was I. :)
I like your story. It must have been tough for you, walking 4 miles, with all that on your mind. . Glad it had a wonderful outcome for you.
John, I am just glad you did not have to "watch" every pitch, as I did. It was excruciating. :( As I said, next time, pull the plug a little quicker. :)

Last edited:
It was a long walk….bus passed me by on the way. Driver didn’t even stop…he knew I was pissed.

Couple guys waved from the windows, I didn’t wave back.

Oh the impetuousness of youth……

Thank the good Lord my coach was a father himself…and a very patient man!

;)
98cf7624015401cbfba1eb733640b428.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back