• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ND State no longer has any Nebraska kids.

The Big Red Theory

Recruit
10 Year Member
Watching the North Dakota St. championship game and checked out the roster to see how many Nebraska kids were on the team this year, none. Apparently they are all signing with South Dakota St. now, makes sense, but kind of sad.

As for NDSU going for their fourth P5 win in eight years against Oregon next year, It is their “circled in red, chip on their shoulder” game and the opponents, “nothing to gain” game. The difference in motivation more than makes up for the difference in talent.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ate-beats-james-madison-wins-eighth-fcs-title

Thank god not scheduled against our Huskers. However South Dakota State is almost as good as Bisons ..... next season, SDSU vs. Huskers :Eek:.

I'm a SoDak guy, but a NDSU grad... To say the Bunnies are almost as good as? If they make the FCS semifinals it would be their best year ever, meanwhile NDSU is bringing back an 8th National Championship trophy in 9 years.

I appreciate the kind of program Coach Stieg runs in Brookings and they have shown they can compete with NDSU some years, but they haven't shown they can get over the hump.

And next year? SDSU will be replacing their best defensive player/lb in Rozeboom plus their top 3 OL... They won't be the same without them.

Trey was offered by Gophers (as a DB or LB) but wanted to play QB. Boise St also offered in early Dec but he said he was solid to NDSU.

Jabril Cox (Stud LB) was a HS QB in KS they turned into a LB and Hendricks (S who had game winning pick and ran the fake FG in started career at NDSU as a QB but was behind stick so moved to S after his So year).

Think NDSU has 2 Kids that signed to play their next year from NE (both will likely redshirt like almost all players) but they will win at least 2 Nattys while there.

How did all the Big Ten schools miss out on QB Trey Lance?
and J'Bore Gibbs (link). Similar style with QB Trey Lance. Both freshman.

Watch out for September 12th 2020 game. New QB in town. 2019 Jacks vs Gophers ...... in his start for the Jackrabbits in replacing Taryn Christion, the program's all-time leading passer, freshman Gibbs was 13 of 26 for 193 yards passing and a touchdown and he added another touchdown rushing. Unfortunately he suffered a season-injury during NDSU-SDSU tussle ..... Bison rallied for a 23-18 victory.

Trey was offered by Gophers (as a DB or LB) but wanted to play QB. Boise St also offered in early Dec but he said he was solid to NDSU.

Jabril Cox (Stud LB) was a HS QB in KS they turned into a LB and Hendricks (S who had game winning pick and ran the fake FG in started career at NDSU as a QB but was behind stick so moved to S after his So year).

Think NDSU has 2 Kids that signed to play their next year from NE (both will likely redshirt like almost all players) but they will win at least 2 Nattys while there.
Thanks Red_MN, that explains it.

And next year? SDSU will be replacing their best defensive player/lb in Rozeboom plus their top 3 OL... They won't be the same without them.

Just about every team loses some key starters. A couple years ago, SDSU lost a great QB and two receiving weapons that went to the NFL (including Goedert).

I was just going through their roster, based on stats and starters from 2019. Looks like other than you mentioned, they return just about everyone. A lot of juniors on defense in 2019. The two quarterbacks were both freshman. Top RB was a sophomore. Top WR was a junior. Top TE was a sophomore. I'd suggest SDSU is in better shape with returning starters than the majority of programs in any given year. But -- I'm also certain you pay closer attention than I do -- so I could be missing something. But I'm not certain I'm seeing indications they should be less of a team in 2020.

I honestly I have nothing to base my opinion on, but I just didn't feel watching that championship game that NDSU should have won. I was hoping and am glad they did, but something just didn't look quite the same about them. I understand there was a new coach, but my prediction is that that was their last championship, at least for a while.

Taryn Christion, the program's all-time leading passer
Christion is the QB that was much more of a whiff for Nebraska than Easton Stick. It is inexplicable how a guy with that kind of athleticism, including the measurables, could be so overlooked when he was the worst-kept secret in the state of South Dakota for almost his entire high school career at Sioux Falls Roosevelt.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back