• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tourney thread

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Jeez...I thought these games started Wednesday!

Iona was drilling BYU by something like 25 points in the first half. Went ICE COLD and now BYU is within 4.

BYU now leads with 2:11 to go. 71-70. amazing comeback.

Iona has scored only 15 points since the 4:30 mark of the 1st half.

Western Kentucky was down 16 with 5 to go earlier and came back to win by a point. A sign of things to come for the tourney?

I have 12 sheets! I have 10 on espn, 1 on yahoo and 1 on athlon. Glutton for punishment! :lol:

I gotta give CBS props for doing the First 4 games right, and not neglecting them, by putting their #1 TV crew in Dayton. I think the big problem with the "play-in" game persona that's been around since the field expanded to 65 a decade ago, was that the game was treated as a step-child. I doubt I'll ever be as interested in the First 4 as I am the rest of the tourney, but at least there's an attempt to make the games more relevant.

I gotta give CBS props for doing the First 4 games right, and not neglecting them, by putting their #1 TV crew in Dayton. I think the big problem with the "play-in" game persona that's been around since the field expanded to 65 a decade ago, was that the game was treated as a step-child. I doubt I'll ever be as interested in the First 4 as I am the rest of the tourney, but at least there's an attempt to make the games more relevant.

That...and you've got games like Ioan v. BYU...which are at-large teams. Meaning they are actually decent basketball teams. What's tonight? S. Florida and Cal? Fairly decent match-up for at least one of the game.

Watching a bunch of "16 seeds" wouldn't be that interesting even with Nancey.

That...and you've got games like Ioan v. BYU...which are at-large teams. Meaning they are actually decent basketball teams. What's tonight? S. Florida and Cal? Fairly decent match-up for at least one of the game.

Watching a bunch of "16 seeds" wouldn't be that interesting even with Nancey.

More selection committee conspiracy theories here, but what is stopping the committee from giving a team who no one thought deserved an at-large bid, one of the spots in the First 4? Controversy increases interest. Last year it was VCU who drew many complaints, this year it was Iona.

I think we see why the PAC 12 didnt get many teams in, Cal is getting stomped

Last edited:

That's a rare bracket contest that includes the Tue-Wed games.

Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with that in my half-dozen or so contests.

bracket at work, the play in games are worth 1 each, to encourage folks to get theirs in early.

had USF & Lamar:( ... so the streak ends.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back