• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

Oh, up to a #9!
1708605625927.png

A 2-2 finish still seems bubbly to the TeamRankings simulations...
1708605666034.png

It would be great to finish strong so as not just to get into the tournament but also to get a higher seed. I'd really like to see the Huskers FINALLY get an NCAA tournament win and their chances of doing so will increase with a higher seed (meaning a lower seed first round opponent).

Last edited:
I don't hate DONU. I just have higher expectations for the basketball program than the administration or most of the fan base and HCFH is who he is. It's year five for him and there should be no excuses. These are his players in his system with fantastic facilities and tremendous fan support.

It's good to be in the hunt for the NCAA tournament this year but it's sobering to know this is by far HCFH's best team, the best NU team in 10 years, and possibly the 2nd best team in the last 25 years. Let that sink in. The 2nd best team in the last 25 years is a bubble team. This fan base deserves better.
Much of what you talk about in paragraph two is not on FH but rather on the long line of ADs who failed to find the right guy to run the program, its on the administration who did not truly care if there was basketball success and its the lack of leadership vision to know what a successful basketball program would mean to a university.

I do know this! If this team with its current record and resume had "Indiana" or "Michigan State" emblazoned on the front of its jerseys ... the nation wouldn't be talking about this team as a bubble team of one of last four in.

Last edited:
Much of what you talk about in paragraph two is not on FH but rather on the long line of ADs who failed to find the right guy to run the program, its on the administration who did not truly care if there was basketball success and its the lack of leadership vision to know what a successful basketball program would mean to a university.

I do know this! If this team with its current record and resume had "Indiana" or "Michigan State" emblazoned on the front of its jerseys ... the nation wouldn't be talking about this team as a bubble team of one of last four in.
That's a salient point. We are Rodney Dangerfield

When we had 7 regular season games left, I felt a 5-2 finish was probably going to do it. That would put us at 21-10 in the regular season.

But we might need a tourney win if they split these last 4.

It may depend on what other teams on the bubble do if we go 21-11 with a tourney loss. We would still have a decent shot I think.

22 wins makes us a lock, IMO. And probably with a decent seed.

Minnesota game is massive right now. Beat the Rodents!

As of this morning, Bart Torvik has Nebraska with an 84.2% chance of being selected. Also has us as the highest #10 seed (#37 seed overall). That Indiana road win was crucial. We are in a good position with some margin for error.

Nebraska really has to go 2-1 in its next three games. That would put us at 21-9 (11-8). If we were to drop one, the Ohio State road game would be the best one to lose. The final game against Michigan is going to be monumental. It will be Juwan’s last home game before he’s fired. I’m telling you - they are going to be highly emotional and will play HARD.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back