• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

Hope you right, because they could lose to Michigan, still get the double bye because Wisconsin will lose too, and be the underdog in the B1G tournament. Going 0-2 would put them back on a bubble. Beat Michigan!!!!
Maybe back on the bubble
BUt a hard lean in imo

Hope you right, because they could lose to Michigan, still get the double bye because Wisconsin will lose too, and be the underdog in the B1G tournament. Going 0-2 would put them back on a bubble. Beat Michigan!!!!

going 0-2... yikes, they are already a 10th seed, that just might kick them out.. hard to say for sure, but I know NU is not looked upon very well.

Yeah, that's the easiest path for sure. But they are safely away from the bubble right now, so even 2 losses would get them in, although they'd be in danger of being in the play in game.

going 0-2... yikes, they are already a 10th seed, that just might kick them out.. hard to say for sure, but I know NU is not looked upon very well.

They have been consistently safe for about 2 weeks now. They're above the last 4 byes line, so according to Lunardi, they are about 8 teams away from the bubble. Even if they lose the next 2, a lot would have to happen for them to not get in or have to worry on Selection Sunday.

They have been consistently safe for about 2 weeks now. They're above the last 4 byes line, so according to Lunardi, they are about 8 teams away from the bubble. Even if they lose the next 2, a lot would have to happen for them to not get in or have to worry on Selection Sunday.
It looks like Michigan has lost 7 straight and not won in a month. Just win that one and for sure we have no worries.

BTN last night said it went on record against conference champion, fwiw.

Big Ten Tiebreaker rules

Two teams tied​

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.

2. Each team’s record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings (or in the case of a tie for the championship, the next highest position in the regular-season standings), continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

3. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.

4. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

FWIW - Teams Ranking simulations put the Huskers as a near lock and an 8-seed. I could see two wins moving them up to the 7 line.

1709599063611.png

Even losing twice keeps a fairly solid chance to be in the dance.
1709599218508.png

Above average chance to win at Michigan.

1709599333970.png

FWIW - Teams Ranking simulations put the Huskers as a near lock and an 8-seed. I could see two wins moving them up to the 7 line.

View attachment 105389

Even losing twice keeps a fairly solid chance to be in the dance.
View attachment 105390

Above average chance to win at Michigan.

View attachment 105391
Am I reading your chart wrong? It says 9 seed, not 8. And it seems to assume a win at Michigan. I agree it is very positive, just not quite as much as suggested.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back