• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

Why is fandom misery? Did Top 20 Gonzaga think they could give up 15 in an elimination game? To Columbia? How about National Seed Oklahoma State giving up two TDs to Missouri State?? They may escape this one, but dicey.

It’s BASEBALL!

No others major sport has this unpredictability in it’s teams.

I love it….but it’s hell on fandom…LOL

Michigan getting pounded by Louisville today…a team they pretty handily beat just 36 hours ago.

Maryland surviving.

Would be nice to see one Big 10 team make the super regionals. The conference needs some good vibes this year.

Last edited:

Michigan says hello. They have had as much or I would argue way more success in baseball than Nebraska.
Long term…definitely yes….

Shorter term…last 20 years or so (counting our Big 12 experience) it’s been about even

Michigan did made a fantastic run in 2019 to within one game of the Natty in Omaha.

Nebraska has better facilities, Coaching Salaries about the same..
Bakich has been there 10 years…great continuity.

Indiana has done pretty well in the last 10 years as well.

The BiG has steadily done “better“ but has never been a strong Baseball conference. Weather and just plain lack of emphasis from the Conference itself has always hurt us.

This year…the BiG was just….awful with very few standouts. Michigan was as average as you can get….but hot hot at the right moment.

Of the two best teams Maryland and Rutgers…Rutgers did not even make the cut for the Tournament….a travesty. But It’s because the conference doesn’t really command any baseball respect.

Hopefully that will be different next year. With the transfer portal and NIL there is no reason why Big Ten teams should not be way more talented than a Canisius or a Missouri State.

But it’s baseball and I gave up predicting baseball a long time ago:)

If Michigan, Nebraska, Indiana and I think maybe Maryland have good years…the Conference will be strong I think.

Maryland sits close to a bunch of talent from my area that is talent rich baseball wise. The good HS kids here go to Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, East Carolina. Those are all pretty good Baseball Schools and lately Maryland has been tapping into my area.

I think Maryland has the possibility of becoming a very strong BiG baseball school.

But I’m just spitballing here. Who the heck knows.

Michigan says hello. They have had as much or I would argue way more success in baseball than Nebraska.
Long term…definitely yes….

Shorter term…last 20 years or so (counting our Big 12 experience) it’s been about even

Michigan did made a fantastic run in 2019 to within one game of the Natty in Omaha.

Nebraska has better facilities, Coaching Salaries about the same..
Bakich has been there 10 years…great continuity.

Indiana has done pretty well in the last 10 years as well.

The BiG has steadily done “better“ but has never been a strong Baseball conference. Weather and just plain lack of emphasis from the Conference itself has always hurt us.

This year…the BiG was just….awful with very few standouts. Michigan was as average as you can get….but hot hot at the right moment.

Of the two best teams Maryland and Rutgers…Rutgers did not even make the cut for the Tournament….a travesty. But It’s because the conference doesn’t really command any baseball respect.

Hopefully that will be different next year. With the transfer portal and NIL there is no reason why Big Ten teams should not be way more talented than a Canisius or a Missouri State.

But it’s baseball and I gave up predicting baseball a long time ago:)

I attended the CWS in Rosenblatt through much of the 80s -- with my grandfather. :)

Michigan was there one of those years I attended. They had Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo -- who then went on to be Cincinnati Reds. Damn good players.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back