• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

I attended the CWS in Rosenblatt through much of the 80s -- with my grandfather. :)

Michigan was there one of those years I attended. They had Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo -- who then went on to be Cincinnati Reds. Damn good players.
I believe Michigan has made the college World Series 8 times and the run a couple years ago trumps anything Nebraska has done. Poor conference or not taking Vandy to the wire that year was impressive

I believe Michigan has made the college World Series 8 times and the run a couple years ago trumps anything Nebraska has done. Poor conference or not taking Vandy to the wire that year was impressive

Take away the Van Horn era, and we'd have very little to brag about.

DVH is still the reason today why we still have hope. He brought an interest to NU baseball that had never been near that level before.

Hard to imagine it's been 20 years since Van Horn's last season in Lincoln. We ride the Van Horn years like we do the Osborne years. ;) Yet, the odds are good we'll never match either coach's success ever again. That's 99.99999% for Osborne, 90% for Van Horn.

Last edited:
Ahhhh c’mon you guys…

there’s always next year….

It’s Baseball!

Says every Oriole fan ever…:)

Yet, the odds are good we'll never match either coach's success ever again. That's 99.99999% for Osborne, 90% for Van Horn.
I heard the exact same thing said from kids from Alabama back in the 80’s in the Army.

“No way we will ever approach ‘the Bear’ again”……

Then a guy named Saban arrived.

Never say never my friends…..:)

Half the field could be from the SEC.

Add in Oklahoma and likely Texas (up 9-1 in the 2nd) ... obviously they are still Big 12, but the SEC will probably go ahead and claim their sucess now lol

Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Arkansas

Possibly Auburn (though down 0-2 to Oregon State currently in the 4th)

Texas
Oklahoma
(I've heard rumors that those two are expected to be in the SEC next season, not 2025)

And the SEC Champ is heading home.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back