• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

There is more to the article, which pertains to men's volleyball.​

(all times Eastern unless otherwise noted)

NCAA WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT, OMAHA
Wednesday, April 14, all on ESPN3
Noon

Notre Dame vs. Army
South Dakota vs. Missouri
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi vs. San Diego
Pepperdine vs. UMBC
3:30 p.m.
Creighton vs. Morehead State
Utah Valley vs. Texas State
Dayton vs. Towson
High Point vs. UCF
7 p.m.
Weber State vs. Bowling Green
Lipscomb vs. Georgia Tech
UNLV vs. Illinois State
Wright State vs. Samford
10:30 p.m.
Pitt vs. LIU
NC A&T vs. Rice
UCLA vs. Rider
Jackson State vs. Western Kentucky​

Thursday, April 15
NCAA Tournament, 16 second-round matches, all on ESPN3​

The time has really come for the power five conferences to break with the NCAA and establish an administrative group committed to the athletes and their sports, not television dictates. The NCAA response to everything, blah, blah, blah, just doesn't cut it.

I'm confused at how the lack of commentators impacts the student-athletes and all the hard work they put in? Lower divisions live with this type of coverage on a regular basis. I guess those at lower divisions don't put in hard work. It'll be an inconvenience for those watching at home, but it should in no way distract those playing. Also, I watched some of the D1 men's wrestling early rounds, and unless I'm mistaken, there wasn't any dedicated commentary to specific mats during that event. Maybe they had some overall coverage, where they spotlighted individual matches, but I didn't hear much complaining from those that follow wrestling. I do understand that it's probably very difficult to have a proper broadcast when there are four courts in action at the same time in the same venue, and from what I saw in coverage of the basketball tournaments, the NCAA didn't want broadcast crews anywhere near the playing surface, which complicates things even more.

I do agree with John Cook that the NCAA should have utilized Creighton's and UNO's facilities for the early rounds, but I don't know if those schools were asked, but declined to host matches.

Omaha.com just put up all matches will be televised with commentators but behind a pay wall and couldn't be accessed

No broadcast crew or commentators for the first two rounds.
You mean, we will, or will not, get to see any teams play? Sounds like, the best scenario would be, we watch and hear nothing????? Hmmm! Straighten me out on this, ok? ;)

You mean, we will, or will not, get to see any teams play? Sounds like, the best scenario would be, we watch and hear nothing????? Hmmm! Straighten me out on this, ok? ;)
The pressure caused ESPN and the NCAA to recant. Originally you would have only seen the game. No commentary at all for the first two rounds.

Now it will be a normal broadcast.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back