• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA tournament...3/21

Who'd you pick in this one? Didn't like MD's vibe against Huskers and Belmont appears to be the darlings of the upset pickers so went Belmont.
I was in Las Vegas until late last night and never did any brackets. I was thinking along the same lines as you were though.

I'm 3 points from 5-0 today. Grr. As it is 3-2 with KU likely to cover.

First time in forever that indidnt fill out a bracket.

Marquette set to be the first 5 seed to go down this week. No surprise... they suck.

I'm 3 points from 5-0 today. Grr. As it is 3-2 with KU likely to cover.

First time in forever that indidnt fill out a bracket.

Marquette set to be the first 5 seed to go down this week. No surprise... they suck.

Marquette stumbled into the tournament. Losers of 5 of their last 6. That's a recipe for disaster more time than not. That -- and the fact -- Murray State is really good. I think it may go down as the least surprising 12 over 5 "upset" ever.

I'm surprised to see KU destroy Northeastern. Not that I thought Northeastern was all that special -- but that KU just wasn't very good. Kansas did what #1 seeds are supposed to do to #16 seeds. I'm sure the stat is out there somewhere -- but if that wasn't the biggest first round blowout win for a 4-seed, it has to be close. Pretty impressive, really. I'd still be surprised to see the Jayhawks go much further (but they probably are playing with a chip on their shoulder).

Last edited:
I'm surprised to see KU destroy Northeastern. Not that I thought Northeastern was all that special -- but that KU just wasn't very good. Kansas did what #1 seeds are supposed to do to #16 seeds. I'm sure the stat is out there somewhere -- but if that wasn't the biggest first round blowout win for a 4-seed, it has to be close. Pretty impressive, really. I'd still be surprised to see the Jayhawks go much further (but they probably are playing with a chip on their shoulder).
I was at a happy hour meetup for my wife's work and bored out of my mind so I got to focus on the KU/ISU CCG and wasn't impressed with KU at all. I mean they are a good team, but not the level you expect when you see a Kansas basketball team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back